Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I don't know for sure, but in the 2011, the wiring harness was different between the standard headlights and those with HIDs.

So I suspect the only way to upgrade a 2011/2012 mustangs headlights to a 13 style is if you were already running the 2011/12 HIDs.

But I have not confirmed that.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nhcowboy said:
I don't know for sure, but in the 2011, the wiring harness was different between the standard headlights and those with HIDs.

So I suspect the only way to upgrade a 2011/2012 mustangs headlights to a 13 style is if you were already running the 2011/12 HIDs.

But I have not confirmed that.
I'll question the parts guy tomorrow when I get to the dealership. See if it is possible.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I had the halogen set up in my 2011. I bought the aftermarket plug and play HID bi-xenon kit. They don't have projectors but look real good.
I have the 8000k, H-13 bulbs for the headlights. The foglights are H-10/9145 bulbs. I havent done fogs yet and you can see the difference. I would definately do it...I'm happy with mine

image-1748339029.jpg

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ravnus said:
I had the halogen set up in my 2011. I bought the aftermarket plug and play HID bi-xenon kit. They don't have projectors but look real good.
I have the 8000k, H-13 bulbs for the headlights. The foglights are H-10/9145 bulbs. I havent done fogs yet and you can see the difference. I would definately do it...I'm happy with mine
Bro that looks nice, I should have gone with the 2012 and it was practically a steal. Im very happy with my car right now.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hbjatt13 said:
Bro that looks nice, I should have gone with the 2012 and it was practically a steal. Im very happy with my car right now.
Dude, you grabbed up a 13 GT Premium! YOU DIS NOT MAKE THE WRONG CHOICE!! Haha

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks bro, you got a sick ride. To me it is not always better to buy a never car but to make any car you buy look sick.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have been looking into upgrading to HID for some time. Replaced the bulbs and ballasts using the OEM housing on my 01 and while it looked great the visibility was not what I wanted due to the fact that the OEM housing was not projector.

Thoughts and research so far suggest that I can get OEM projector housing (even that of the 13, which include the ballast) and use either aftermarket bulbs or purchase OEM. There is the need for new a wiring harness (still looking for that part) to support the ballast for the HID among other things that doesn't exist if you purchase a model with Halogen headlamps. This upgrade is not cheap :(.

Have any of you seen an aftermarket projector headlamp housing that are not halo? I'm not a fan even tho I think they look sick on other vehicles.

Poloka I would be very interested to hear what your parts guys had to say.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OutlawJosey said:
I have been looking into upgrading to HID for some time. Replaced the bulbs and ballasts using the OEM housing on my 01 and while it looked great the visibility was not what I wanted due to the fact that the OEM housing was not projector.

Thoughts and research so far suggest that I can get OEM projector housing (even that of the 13, which include the ballast) and use either aftermarket bulbs or purchase OEM. There is the need for new a wiring harness (still looking for that part) to support the ballast for the HID among other things that doesn't exist if you purchase a model with Halogen headlamps. This upgrade is not cheap :(.

Have any of you seen an aftermarket projector headlamp housing that are not halo? I'm not a fan even tho I think they look sick on other vehicles.

Poloka I would be very interested to hear what your parts guys had to say.
After talking with my parts guy he said he would have to send that question to Ford and he knows they would ignore the question because they (Ford) doesn't want us to modify the cars.

·
Registered
29 Posts
HELP !!! does anyone know where to get the plugs for the 2013 headlights assemblies?? I bought 2 on ebay real cheap, $162 plus shipping from 2 different venders., appreciate any help.. I used a 9 volt batty to see what pin did what there are 7 pins, there is a ground and 2 are for the L E D and one opens and shuts a door inside the light which I think is for the high beam cuts off the top of the beam when high beams are turned off. its pretty simple and cut and dry I could solder the pins but rather be safe with a factory plug plus plug and play, I read somewhere these are in the making the harnesses has anyone else found them yet ?? thanks !!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
HELP !!! does anyone know where to get the plugs for the 2013 headlights assemblies?? I bought 2 on ebay real cheap, $162 plus shipping from 2 different venders., appreciate any help.. I used a 9 volt batty to see what pin did what there are 7 pins, there is a ground and 2 are for the L E D and one opens and shuts a door inside the light which I think is for the high beam cuts off the top of the beam when high beams are turned off. its pretty simple and cut and dry I could solder the pins but rather be safe with a factory plug plus plug and play, I read somewhere these are in the making the harnesses has anyone else found them yet ?? thanks !!!
I am in the process of manufacturing these sir:)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts