Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy from a local car group has a 6.0 GTO that apparently has cams and some bolt ons. He won't pop his hood so for some stupid reason (I think he's hiding something honestly) but all I know for sure is that he has cams and bolt ons. My car is a '13 5.0 with a BAMA 91 Race Tune and a roush axle back, with a hurst short throw shifter.

2013 5.0 Mods -
Roush Axle back
BAMA 91 Race Tune
Hurst Short throw

6.0 GTO Mods -
Cams
Full bolt ons
Possibly a tune for the cams? I would think he'd need a tune for cams..?
And apparently that's all he has done..

So who should take the win?
Thanks for any input

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
Is the gto factory 400? Sounds like its gonna be close. If he's all cammed and full bolt ons, he might have u.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Just race him. Then you can tell. Everyone can talk **** but he should at least have the balls to pop his hood. And if he doesn't have the balls to pop his hood then he's not worth the time

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Ok fuçk what's under the hood, that's not whats important, what kinda of tires is the goat on? That's a the biggest factory, is it stick or auto? 5 of my friends have goats soo I kinda of know what they can do and what there limitations are

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also, i have a quick question. BAMA gave me 3 tunes. I normally run the 2nd tune (the middle one) but ive been wanting to run the race tune in it daily, but ive heard that running a race tune can hurt your engine if its used as a DD car. Any input?

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
I asked the same thing to the Shelby guys. One of them said he's had his "race" tune in his car since August with no issues at all. They said it really shouldn't be viewed as street, performance, and race but more as 91,92, and 93 octane. If anyone else's has more input, I'd like to know more too.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Also, i have a quick question. BAMA gave me 3 tunes. I normally run the 2nd tune (the middle one) but ive been wanting to run the race tune in it daily, but ive heard that running a race tune can hurt your engine if its used as a DD car. Any input?
I have never heard that. I have heard AM make a statement about how some drivers may feel the race tune is too aggressive for them as a DD but not hurt the engine or other parts of the car.

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
I wish AM would chime in and inform us. I'd really like to know. Of course when I got my tuner, that was the first tune I put in. It was WICKED! I took it out after playing around. I'd love to leave it in there. There is a huge difference in my car between the tunes.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
I wish AM would chime in and inform us. I'd really like to know. Of course when I got my tuner, that was the first tune I put in. It was WICKED! I took it out after playing around. I'd love to leave it in there. There is a huge difference in my car between the tunes.
AM will chime in and tell you the same. Their street, performance, race or hybrid tune will not hurt the engine or car and safe to use for track or non track applications. If a tune is done correctly from whom ever does it, the car will last just as long as a non tuned car. The car should see 200k miles if taken care of with routine maintenance and of course not beating the dog snot out of it. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
Then it's final lol. Back goes the "race" tune. I got rubber (not on purpose) in 3rd gear moving pretty quick. There is a huge difference in the tunes.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah the race tune was insane on my car too, I put it on for the second time last night and drove it around for a little bit, i still haven't taken it off yet. Thats why im asking, because if its not gonna hurt the car, id love to leave it on the race tune. Its a night and day difference.

Also, anyone cam the 5.0 coyote on here? If so, how much? and was it a pretty simple job? Does BAMA have a tune for cams or would i have to go to a shop for that?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts