Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get my 04 v6 in the 14s what's the next best mods to help me get there nothing big like turbo or SC
I have k&n intake O/R xpipe and a SLP cat back and a 8.8 rear end

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
do you have a spare 2 grand? check davids build....it's gotten him in the low 14s

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Learn to port and polish heads yourself, only way you'll get it for <2 grand anymore, Kyle is holding off his production... And SSM is $$$$

The 14.2 run wasn't even matching my best runs I did at the short tracks, it'll do a lot better now that I can hook ;)

·
Registered
322 Posts
I want to get my 04 v6 in the 14s what's the next best mods to help me get there nothing big like turbo or SC
I have k&n intake O/R xpipe and a SLP cat back and a 8.8 rear end
You could put 4.2 heads onto your car, lighter flywheel, 3.73 or 4.10 rear end gears, rear seat delete, practice shifts/reaction time... You just need to get your power/weight ratio down so you're not pushing so much weight

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
You could put 4.2 heads onto your car, lighter flywheel, 3.73 or 4.10 rear end gears, rear seat delete, practice shifts/reaction time... You just need to get your power/weight ratio down so you're not pushing so much weight
4.2 heads are exactly the same as the ones already on his car...

You will not be able to break into 14's without touching the motor in these cars, so keep that in mind OP

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Dont 4.2 heads a have a slightly bigger bore/bigger pistons??
-_- the 4.2 bottom end not heads, has the same 3.81" bore but longer stroke of 3.74" (factory 3.8 is 3.3X I think, forgot that one) if you took a 4.2 and 3.8 splitport head and set them side by side you could tell no difference

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
David can you get me the measurements to the pcv lines i need for the windstar intake
I don't have pcv anymore? Lol just buy about 4' of 3/8" vac hose, shouldn't be much waste afterwards, it's cheap so meh

·
Registered
155 Posts
Ok so no pcv i can do that im gana leave my iac were it use to be just make that plate thing with two bungs now what about the size of the bung on the bottom of the tb does it matter?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I took the intake off a while back frn a windstar at the junk yard a while back iv been slowly workin on it and been trying to finish it finally had time n money and im almost done to finally install im just cofused on the vac hoses bro i picked up a good piece of the pigtail of the tb wire from a v6 also i need to fabricate a plate for the throtltle i saw one were the guy used the stock piece it reached

·
Registered
155 Posts
Not much just have tools lol im just confused on how the vac hoses go cuz i see that some ppl bypassed only pass. Side valve cover but not driver so yea idk!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Ok so no pcv i can do that im gana leave my iac were it use to be just make that plate thing with two bungs now what about the size of the bung on the bottom of the tb does it matter?
i'm assuming you're talking about the 90* fitting like VAP used on the underside of intake behind the tb? they used 5/8" hoses and i can't remember if that was OD or ID of the hose, so it may end up being like a 1/2" bung on the underside not sure, same with the bungs you would have to weld to the iac relocation plate

Not much just have tools lol im just confused on how the vac hoses go cuz i see that some ppl bypassed only pass. Side valve cover but not driver so yea idk!
if you take one off you're suppose to bypass the other side too

1 - 20 of 25 Posts