Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what would it take to make into a 14second car?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Super Moderator
17,945 Posts
Buy any "sporty" sedan from the 17/18 model year. Done. Running a 14 is like winning a race against someone with 1 leg.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
My '17 v6 Colorado runs a 14.7 bone stock. I understand wanting to have a fun project, but there definitely needs to come a point where you do a cost / benefit analysis.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Sad to say, a 100% factory stock Toyota Camry runs in the 14's :(

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just wanted to know what would get to become 14 second. Anyone can buy a fast new car.

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
There used to be a member named David Seifert who had a V6 into the 13's, I believe. Naturally Aspirated.
It really depends on how much "trouble and treasure" that you want to go through to achieve the desired results, but getting into the 14's shouldn't be too difficult.
If you search in this forum, you will find information on modifying the 3.8. You can make your own decisions if the power gains are worth the time and money.

·
Super Moderator
17,945 Posts
Just wanted to know what would get to become 14 second. Anyone can buy a fast new car.

14 seconds is slow AF tho. Its not even worth doing. "Fast" is low 12s stock and 11s if you actually want to move your ***. Go to any serious track and you need to be 10s or 9s to be taken seriously with a street car.

This is 1/4 mile racing. You can have a ton of fun with a 140hp car setup for max handling on a road course.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
14 seconds is slow AF tho. Its not even worth doing. "Fast" is low 12s stock and 11s if you actually want to move your ***. Go to any serious track and you need to be 10s or 9s to be taken seriously with a street car.

This is 1/4 mile racing. You can have a ton of fun with a 140hp car setup for max handling on a road course.
This. Trust me, i've dumped a ton of money into a useless platform before... i learned a LOT, so at least there is that take away but they were expensive lessons when you realize it's just time to jump ship.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
This. Trust me, i've dumped a ton of money into a useless platform before... i learned a LOT, so at least there is that take away but they were expensive lessons when you realize it's just time to jump ship.
I 3rd this. I spent so much on my 01, i loved the car. But with how much i spent on it, newer cars 100% stock were all around faster and more comfortable, so i just sold it and plan to get a newer car. A car payment is easier for me than shelling out thousands for upgrades to make a car less reliable.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
I 3rd this. I spent so much on my 01, i loved the car. But with how much i spent on it, newer cars 100% stock were all around faster and more comfortable, so i just sold it and plan to get a newer car. A car payment is easier for me than shelling out thousands for upgrades to make a car less reliable.
You had a good platform. That $500 plus a month or whatever you will be spending, could have gone along way in a 2v.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
You had a good platform. That $500 plus a month or whatever you will be spending, could have gone along way in a 2v.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
The way i've budgeted everything and figured out all the financing. I'll have a payment under $300/mo. I needed to downsize to one car because i travel way too much for work and hate storing multiple cars, and honestly got tired of having a project. I just want a nice and fast, and comfy car. Had fun learning on the car, but never have been a hands on DIY guy.

·
Super Moderator
17,945 Posts
Fusion Sport then? :)

Or a 2018 base model GT auto? Turnkey 11 second car and that's on the dog**** stock tires.

But those Fusion Sports are comfy as **** and the aftermarket is starting to release some pretty good stuff for them.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Fusion Sport then? :)

Or a 2018 base model GT auto? Turnkey 11 second car and that's on the dog**** stock tires.

But those Fusion Sports are comfy as **** and the aftermarket is starting to release some pretty good stuff for them.
Aiming for a 2015-17 GT Premium, with performance package, non-Recaro. I want all the comforts available lol. Non-Recaro so that i get heated and cooled seats. Navigation and SYNC is a must.

·
Super Moderator
17,945 Posts
Get a leftover Roush Phase 1! Do it! Do it! Do it!

Also get the automagic!

·
Lorraine's driver
8,188 Posts
Aiming for a 2015-17 GT Premium, with performance package, non-Recaro. I want all the comforts available lol. Non-Recaro so that i get heated and cooled seats. Navigation and SYNC is a must.
Why not save a little more and go for a 2011-12 GT? Also, driving a stick as a daily in traffic etc just takes the fun completely out of it. I'd go for an auto if you are going down to just one car. :2cents:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts