Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have 4 17 inch rims I could use to mount drag radials on or should I break down and buy 2 15 inch rims to mount radials on? Cant really decide whats best.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
You could get a really cheap pair of 15 inch wheels (like almost $50 per wheel) and put some slicks on those also... But if you were going to mount just DRs i would stick with your 17s.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You could get a really cheap pair of 15 inch wheels (like almost $50 per wheel) and put some slicks on those also... But if you were going to mount just DRs i would stick with your 17s.
Alrite. That's kinda what I thought. Lol thanks man

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
where can one find those cheap pair of 15's ? i wana buy a set and buy slicks for when i hit the tracks

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
good question ! id like to know as well
You don't have a choice really, I lost the part number but it's the 15x8 for a fox body with a 5 lug conversion

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
BaSohol said:
I run 275/50/15s Micky thompsons
You got a rear pic of how wide they are?

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Sweet thanks.

·
Registered
357 Posts
For comparison, here are Steeda Sport Springs with 325/50/15 Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials and 15 x 10 Racestars:

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
I'm thinking of doing 15s for a drag setup and jut leaving the fronts stock wheels

·
Registered
357 Posts
To accommodate the rims and tires I made a few changes:

1. Longer wheel studs.
2. Fabricate new Jounce Bumper plates for the axle housing that relocates the Jounce Bumpers to under the frame rails (maintain Jounce Bumper functionality)
3. Trim the bottom off of the OEM sway bar mounting points and install a Sway Bar relocation kit. (clearance for the 15” rims)
4. Remove the Bump Stop Bracket on the frame rail (tire clearance)

Jounce bumper not yet trimmed down in this picture.

No rubbing!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts