Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of people say this I don't really get what it means. I think it looks similiar to the 10-14 and that is "muscle" to people. Just curious what makes it so different to so many people cause I don't see it. I think once they're on the street with a couple of mods on em they will look badass.
I mean what stock mustang looks better than a modded one? :p

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
A lot of people say this I don't really get what it means. I think it looks similiar to the 10-14 and that is "muscle" to people. Just curious what makes it so different to so many people cause I don't see it. I think once they're on the street with a couple of mods on em they will look badass.
I mean what stock mustang looks better than a modded one? :p
It'll definetly look better with aftermarket parts. But about the muscle thing. It resembles a sports car. And looks euro. It's nothing you can really explain. You just have to see it

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
It'll definetly look better with aftermarket parts. But about the muscle thing. It resembles a sports car. And looks euro. It's nothing you can really explain. You just have to see it
true!

And to me "muscle" hasn't been around for years! But this model does look more euro sport looking lol

·
Registered
605 Posts
It looks like something I will never want to drive and the only mods that would make me change my mind is to overhaul the front/rear ends.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks like something I will never want to drive and the only mods that would make me change my mind is to overhaul the front/rear ends.
The front is just like the 10-14 except the headlights are slimmed. The rear I wasnt pleased at first but the more I see it the more I like it. Everyone's got tier opinion and that's all it is really but I think once the car is on the road and actually driving it etc it'll change a lot of minds

·
Registered
351 Posts
Technically, in some criteria, it would not be classified as a muscle car, even though it has more HP than most older muscle cars. The original muscle cars were family coupes with big block engines. The Mustangs were not considered muscle cars until they started putting 390 ci and above engines in them. Definitions have change, but not everyone agrees.

·
Registered
505 Posts
The front is just like the 10-14 except the headlights are slimmed. The rear I wasnt pleased at first but the more I see it the more I like it. Everyone's got tier opinion and that's all it is really but I think once the car is on the road and actually driving it etc it'll change a lot of minds
How is the front just like the 10-14? Have you actually looked at it? Lmao

·
Registered
505 Posts
I was told I'm smoking if I thought this looks similar. Guess I'm on that good green nowadays
Are you ok? I asked how it looks like the 10-14 mustang as it was stated that it did by Ethangt. You post a pic of an entirely different car to compare it too. However, since you post a pic of two cars from the same manufacturer so I'll play your game. They look nothing alike,...until you compare the grille. They look very similar in that regard which makes the new mustang GAY in my opinion.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Everything on that whole front end is similar including the design of the hood. It's like its a Fusion Coupe. That comparison is closer than a Cadillac XLR and a CTS before the new CTS came out. I can't say it enough, it's like the Corsica and the Beretta and I had a Beretta way back when. It just looks like a coupe version of the sedan on the front. The backs were different on the Corsica and Beretta too. To me it's just showing a lack of creativity. If you dare to be new, then dare to be different. That's not showing similarity to one of your current popular sedans

·
Registered
768 Posts
true!

And to me "muscle" hasn't been around for years! But this model does look more euro sport looking lol
?
Define " muscle " to you ?

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I was told I'm smoking if I thought this looks similar. Guess I'm on that good green nowadays
Not really...

Headlights:
Mustang - trapezoidal shaped
Fusion - pentagonal

Mirrors:
Mustang - sloped almost wedge like
Fusion - more angular and upright and squarish

Front bumper:
Mustang - has a wider vent at the fog light and wider & thinner center vents and has no horizontal grille
Fusion - openings are a bit smaller & taller and has horizontal bars

Body lines:
Mustang - top line is broken up by the front and rear wheel fenders; bottom line is more horizontal and deeper
Fusion - top line goes completely from the front to back without interruption; bottom line is more angular sloping downwards to the front.

I guess you could argue that since both cars have four wheels, windows, a hood, steering wheel made of the same plastic and leather, and has the words Ford on it that these two cars are in fact the one and the same...

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Not really... Headlights: Mustang - trapezoidal shaped Fusion - pentagonal Mirrors: Mustang - sloped almost wedge like Fusion - more angular and upright and squarish Front bumper: Mustang - has a wider vent at the fog light and wider & thinner center vents and has no horizontal grille Fusion - openings are a bit smaller & taller and has horizontal bars Body lines: Mustang - top line is broken up by the front and rear wheel fenders; bottom line is more horizontal and deeper Fusion - top line goes completely from the front to back without interruption; bottom line is more angular sloping downwards to the front. I guess you could argue that since both cars have four wheels, windows, a hood, steering wheel made of the same plastic and leather, and has the words Ford on it that these two cars are in fact the one and the same...
Lol +1

·
Registered
605 Posts
Not really... Headlights: Mustang - trapezoidal shaped Fusion - pentagonal Mirrors: Mustang - sloped almost wedge like Fusion - more angular and upright and squarish Front bumper: Mustang - has a wider vent at the fog light and wider & thinner center vents and has no horizontal grille Fusion - openings are a bit smaller & taller and has horizontal bars Body lines: Mustang - top line is broken up by the front and rear wheel fenders; bottom line is more horizontal and deeper Fusion - top line goes completely from the front to back without interruption; bottom line is more angular sloping downwards to the front. I guess you could argue that since both cars have four wheels, windows, a hood, steering wheel made of the same plastic and leather, and has the words Ford on it that these two cars are in fact the one and the same...
Dude, you can fight it all you want. You can get as technical as your heart desires. At the end of the day it still looks like it should be called the Fusion Coupe

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Dude, you can fight it all you want. You can get as technical as your heart desires. At the end of the day it still looks like it should be called the Fusion Coupe
You may re think that when your starring at there taillights constantly..not gonna be fun to say "damn that fusion rocked me"

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Dude in school you try to argue that an granite rock is the same as a basalt in that they are both igneous rocks or that a shale is the same as a sandstone based on they both are classified as sedimentary rocks or hell if you say a granite is the same as a sandstone because they are all rocks... Your teacher would fail you.

If you wanna argue that simply having similar characteristics means they look alike then I suppose the following look like mustangs because they all have
- four wheels,
- two doors,
- two headlights,
- two center and two foglight vents in the bumper,
- they are all internal combustion engined,
- and they shiit out carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide,
- and they are made of metal and rubber and plastic
- and are propelled by a transmission propelling them thru air filled tires...

Sure they all look like a mustang. And besides being technical in details how else would you propose we distinguish between two items? By the generic? Two wheeled vs three or four? It flies or drives or boats around or dives like a sub? So yes the difference is in the details.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
You may re think that when your starring at there taillights constantly..not gonna be fun to say "damn that fusion rocked me"
Lol it's ok. I'm glad there people in the world who can't distinguish the finer details. Explains why there are chubby chasers and fugly farmers. Leaves the better looking ones open for the rest of us. To them they all look the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Damn those two girls do look the same. Brunette, red bikini top, head cocked to the left, two eyes, a nose, a mouth, both have make up... Both have a high bridge nose, both looking to their left, both smiling similarly. Dude they're the same girl!!!!

1 - 20 of 220 Posts