Mustang Evolution Forum banner

41 - 60 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Doesn't matter to me if I agree with you or not and I addressed the Muscle Car club article not your opinion. Truth is truth and facts are facts and the Muscle Car clubs facts are wrong. The fact remains Muscle Cars also had small block engines and today's V6's out perform them as well as some of the big block muscle cars.
Case in point: Buick Grand National GNX

·
Registered
351 Posts
The idea of what a muscle car is, goes to the cars of the 60's. You have to determine whether to use the original definition, or a revised definition. The facts still remain that a muscle car, under a widely accepted definition of the golden era, was a family car, with a high performance large block. This is not a hard and fast definition. To some, the Mustang with the 427, 428, 429 were muscle cars. To others, they were still pony cars. Remember too, that the Shelby GT350 was not considered a sport car until they removed the rear seat and some other adjustments. The rules change, and you have to keep up with the rule book.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
The idea of what a muscle car is, goes to the cars of the 60's. You have determine whether to use the original definition, or a revised definition. The facts still remain that a muscle car, under a widely accepted definition of the golden era, was a family car, with a high performance large block. This is not a hard and fast definition. To some, the Mustang with the 427, 428, 429 were muscle cars. To others, they were still pony cars. Remember too, that the Shelby GT350 was not considered a sport car until they removed the rear seat and some other adjustments. The rules change, and you have to keep up with the rule book.
good point bear!

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
The definition of muscle car can go pack sand and there is a new generation of muscle. The Ford Mustang is absolutely a modern day muscle car. I don't give two craps about the definition from 50 years ago. By today's industry , the Ford Mustang, Cheby Camaro and Dodge Challenger are modern day muscle cars. F that definition. That new design isn't modern day muscle. Its not old school muscle. Its not any American Muscle of any sort. Its a European look alike sports car that has the name mustang attached to it and looks like a Fusion, Taurus and Focus from the front. 370Z from the sides and rear, that's cool.

·
Banned
1,146 Posts
Do you remember when chevy redesigned the Camaro from the third gen. They changed the look to a more rounded body and added more power. Hopefully the Mustang sells and does not lose much in sale from the 12-14 model years. Would hate to see an absence of the Mustang.

Ford threatened to drop the Mustang once. Let hope sales stay high!!!

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Do you remember when chevy redesigned the Camaro from the third gen. They changed the look to a more rounded body and added more power. Hopefully the Mustang sells and does not lose much in sale from the 12-14 model years. Would hate to see an absence of the Mustang.

Ford threatened to drop the Mustang once. Let hope sales stay high!!!
No way Ford is dropping the Mustang. Its a money maker and bottom line, profit. The mustang makes profit. Sales will be fine. If not, we can go buy some other euro looking sports car. Plenty out there to choose from.

·
Banned
1,146 Posts
No way Ford is dropping the Mustang. Its a money maker and bottom line, profit. The mustang makes profit. Sales will be fine. If not, we can go buy some other euro looking sports car. Plenty out there to choose from.
In the words of Gladiatoro anything can happen... And you just said it many more euro looking sport cars to choose from. (Not for me it's mustang or dare I say it fusion or nothing) I bet sales will be down on the '15 from the 14' numbers.

·
Registered
723 Posts
The definition of muscle car can go pack sand and there is a new generation of muscle. The Ford Mustang is absolutely a modern day muscle car. I don't give two craps about the definition from 50 years ago. By today's industry , the Ford Mustang, Cheby Camaro and Dodge Challenger are modern day muscle cars. F that definition. That new design isn't modern day muscle. Its not old school muscle. Its not any American Muscle of any sort. Its a European look alike sports car that has the name mustang attached to it and looks like a Fusion, Taurus and Focus from the front. 370Z from the sides and rear, that's cool.

You do know that the mustang when it first came out was designed after a European sports car it's just fallowing suit

·
Registered
152 Posts
As long as they keep a long hood, V8, and made in America; that's what defines a muscle car. Although this is definitely different from the traditional "muscle" look, but then again the SN95's don't resemble the "traditional" look either, but they still look good.
Did ya'll see the "high-end model" on the poster of the reveal, it looked pretty darn muscular.
I can see these being body kits for the Cobra, Mach I (hoping), or whatever it will be called
tyututt.PNG ghfhf.PNG

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
As long as they keep a long hood, V8, and made in America; that's what defines a muscle car. Although this is definitely different from the traditional "muscle" look, but then again the SN95's don't resemble the "traditional" look either, but they still look good.
Did ya'll see the "high-end model" on the poster of the reveal, it looked pretty darn muscular.
I can see these being body kits for the Cobra, Mach I (hoping), or whatever it will be called
What da fork??? That looks like a Picasso Turtle Head/Face cubism euro trash thing. Jesus... Just when I was liking the new design they come up with this?

.:Barf...

·
Registered
92 Posts
View attachment 140724 View attachment 140725
+1... I was actually thinking the same thing. We all knew the retro-look was going to go bye-bye. The SN95's immediately came to mind... a huge departure from the 3rd gen.'s before it, but they added a few subtle cues from the past. I was a huge fan of the SN95's, but missed out. Had a '91 GT... have a '11 GT... I'm not waiting another 20 years to hop into a new Mustang.

·
Registered
790 Posts
As long as they keep a long hood, V8, and made in America; that's what defines a muscle car. Although this is definitely different from the traditional "muscle" look, but then again the SN95's don't resemble the "traditional" look either, but they still look good. Did ya'll see the "high-end model" on the poster of the reveal, it looked pretty darn muscular. I can see these being body kits for the Cobra, Mach I (hoping), or whatever it will be called
I see the 1960's Mustangs and the 2005-2015's as the truest to the genre. The 15 being a very nice up to date modern version of the original with the 05-14's the retro tributes to 65-69. I felt no love for the Mustang II and never liked the Fox Bodies. The Fox4 was starting to get there and I almost bought one. Glad I didn't. I'd call this version Modern Muscle and I'm settling on Pony Car for my 3.7. Just my .02 cents

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Holy **** when watching the 2015 Mustang GT start up and revving video I just realized that the new mustang is closer to the size of a Scion FRS.... Well from watching the people sit in and out of the car it looks very very small

·
Registered
305 Posts
To me a muscle car is a sharp edged (think kinda blocky or angular) shaped, midsize car with a powerful engine. To me the 2015 Mustang isn't quite there. Yes, it has the power of a muscle car (with all 3 engines), but the styling has just missed the mark. Yes, it's angular in alot of places, but it's also very curvy, which to me means sports car. I think it's that roof and window shape that makes it lean more towards sports car styling to me.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
What's the base price gonna be for a 5.0? That's gonna be the real chicken kicker. What's this world class performance design gonna cost? All the talk about how advanced this mustang is but no emphasis on how much. Did the base 5.0 just jump to mid 30's? High 30's?

Did the base V6 just jump to 28k? No real emphasis on the possible cost for all this great technology and advanced handling systems.

·
Registered
92 Posts
What's the base price gonna be for a 5.0? That's gonna be the real chicken kicker. What's this world class performance design gonna cost? All the talk about how advanced this mustang is but no emphasis on how much. Did the base 5.0 just jump to mid 30's? High 30's?

Did the base V6 just jump to 28k? No real emphasis on the possible cost for all this great technology and advanced handling systems.
No question, I think we will see a bump in price. The question will be how big of a bump? The spec sheet looks to have leap-frogged the Camaro, for now, so I expect it may cost more than that... There is no European car I see in sight that will be able to offer this level of performance at a similar price point. We can safely say the 5.0 will most likely cost below a BMW M3(M4), present or next-gen.

41 - 60 of 220 Posts