Mustang Evolution Forum banner

61 - 80 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
No question, I think we will see a bump in price. The question will be how big of a bump? The spec sheet looks to have leap-frogged the Camaro, for now, so I expect it may cost more than that... There is no European car I see in sight that will be able to offer this level of performance at a similar price point. We can safely say the 5.0 will most likely cost below a BMW M3(M4), present or next-gen.
No doubt the 2015 will have impressive crazy performance numbers and latest technology. Did we just price all the average American medium income folks out of owning a new iconic mustang. The mustang was created to be the affordable sports like car to the average Joe. It was never a high end vehicle and that's a great thing.

I purchased my 2011 V6 base automatic model for 22,500. Very reasonable, affordable price tag for many mustang enthusiasts that many blue collar workers can afford. My question which we don't know yet but just throwing out there. The 14 V6 base model MSRP for maybe for $24,500 will now be what? 29-30k base model. The 14 5.0 base model MSRP around 30 to 31k will now be what? 35-36k base model. Now Joe the blue collar factory worker may not be able to purchase their mustang.

I'm all for progress but again how much is all this advancement going to cost the consumer to own it. There is an old saying . Keep it simple stupid! Lol. Just something to think about. Many are super excited about this next generation but perhaps many enthusiasts may not be able to afford one depending on how steep Ford goes with its price.

Let's be realistic, its not the best and most stable economic times for millions of Americans as well as globally. Buying a mustang at 31k and one at 36k may be the difference in someone not be able to purchase it.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Same car? It does have the same design... stop bit chi ng people! Car manufacturers have been doing this since the 50's! Are you really just figuring this out ?

ForumRunner_20131210_093535.png

ForumRunner_20131210_093527.png

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Same car? It does have the same design... stop bit chi ng people! Car manufacturers have been doing this since the 50's! Are you really just figuring this out ?
Yes but remember, Ford is making PROGRESS. Ford is moving forward with the next generation stang. Making different model vehicles look the same like you said back since the 50's is NOT PROGRESS. That's NOT MOVING FORWARD. That's doing the same old same old for the past 50 years.

No other Ford model looks like my 2011 Mustang. No other Ford model looks like a 2005 Mustang. No other Ford model looks like a 2003 Mustang. In fact no other manufactures car model looks like a 2003, 2005 2014 mustang. It has its own distinctive look that when on the road that's a MUSTANG. It doesn't look like any European sports coupe. It doesn't look like any foreign sports car or ricer. It doesn't look like any other American model.

Ford had an opportunity to give the world and its loyal enthusiasts another one of a kind, original blow your mind modern day American muscle and in my respectful opinion, it fell way way short of that bar. Not even close. Making the mustang look highly similar to the Taurus and Fusion is not original, not progress, not moving forward. That's like you sir said. Car manufactures have been doing that since the 50's making different models look the same. That's called same old, same old. Ford really missed the boat to have a one of a kind original design.

·
Registered
629 Posts
If you look at these designs they all have subtle hints of similarity. In th 03 its the headlights and bottom front bumper, in the 05 its the outline of the wheel arches and the rocker panel. And the 13 is the shape of the hood. The continuity of the grill and the overall "stance" if you will, of the car. If you dont see the simalarities then i dont know what to say...

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
If you look at these designs they all have subtle hints of similarity. In th 03 its the headlights and bottom front bumper, in the 05 its the outline of the wheel arches and the rocker panel. And the 13 is the shape of the hood. The continuity of the grill and the overall "stance" if you will, of the car. If you dont see the simalarities then i dont know what to say...
Sorry bro, other than all cars have 4 tires, headlights , a windshield, a hood , you maybe need to take a hit of the marijuana pipe. None of those models look like a mustang except the mustang. Not even close.

·
Registered
302 Posts
technically none of our newer mustangs are muscle. We are all technically driving sports coupes. However, the back of the 2015 screams muscle in my opinion. I absolutely love it.

·
Registered
629 Posts
You didnt even look... its right there. I love forums these days... it used to be a place where you could kindly show people a different way... and they acknowledge there is a difference. Now its like, "dude your an idiot and im right period!" See i understand you dont like the new stang... but dont say that this is a new thing that ford is doing by making it look like other models when the proof is staring you in the face!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sorry bro, other than all cars have 4 tires, headlights , a windshield, a hood , you maybe need to take a hit of the marijuana pipe. None of those models look like a mustang except the mustang. Not even close.
Kona is just mad because the 2015 4 banger will be faster than the 2012-14 sixxers

·
Registered
92 Posts
No doubt the 2015 will have impressive crazy performance numbers and latest technology. Did we just price all the average American medium income folks out of owning a new iconic mustang. The mustang was created to be the affordable sports like car to the average Joe. It was never a high end vehicle and that's a great thing.

I purchased my 2011 V6 base automatic model for 22,500. Very reasonable, affordable price tag for many mustang enthusiasts that many blue collar workers can afford. My question which we don't know yet but just throwing out there. The 14 V6 base model MSRP for maybe for $24,500 will now be what? 29-30k base model. The 14 5.0 base model MSRP around 30 to 31k will now be what? 35-36k base model. Now Joe the blue collar factory worker may not be able to purchase their mustang.

I'm all for progress but again how much is all this advancement going to cost the consumer to own it. There is an old saying . Keep it simple stupid! Lol. Just something to think about. Many are super excited about this next generation but perhaps many enthusiasts may not be able to afford one depending on how steep Ford goes with its price.

Let's be realistic, its not the best and most stable economic times for millions of Americans as well as globally. Buying a mustang at 31k and one at 36k may be the difference in someone not be able to purchase it.
I agree with you on this. I think all across the board, people forgot what made the Mustang what it is(was?)... I think some people expect to get more for less, too. For the most part, that is not going to happen. My '11 GT has been the car that made me really enjoy getting behind the wheel, again. I may not want to go to work that morning, but it's more tolerable knowing that I get to commute in my ride. It's hard to explain, but I think you know what I mean. Unfortunately, Ford knows times are changing and that Mustang enthusiasts' numbers are not equalling sales numbers. If they were, I very much doubt Ford would need to make such a bold departure.

Yes but remember, Ford is making PROGRESS. Ford is moving forward with the next generation stang. Making different model vehicles look the same like you said back since the 50's is NOT PROGRESS. That's NOT MOVING FORWARD. That's doing the same old same old for the past 50 years.

No other Ford model looks like my 2011 Mustang. No other Ford model looks like a 2005 Mustang. No other Ford model looks like a 2003 Mustang. In fact no other manufactures car model looks like a 2003, 2005 2014 mustang. It has its own distinctive look that when on the road that's a MUSTANG. It doesn't look like any European sports coupe. It doesn't look like any foreign sports car or ricer. It doesn't look like any other American model.

Ford had an opportunity to give the world and its loyal enthusiasts another one of a kind, original blow your mind modern day American muscle and in my respectful opinion, it fell way way short of that bar. Not even close. Making the mustang look highly similar to the Taurus and Fusion is not original, not progress, not moving forward. That's like you sir said. Car manufactures have been doing that since the 50's making different models look the same. That's called same old, same old. Ford really missed the boat to have a one of a kind original design.
I think we are reaching by saying that this car looks the same as other models within the brand... which, IMHO, it certainly does not. If we are referring to the front grill, then yes it does look quite similar to the Fusion, but I actually like the present Fusion's front fascia... I thought it looked kind of brawny... until you see the rest of it. Let's face it, the throwback era is done. It made a few notice, but now Ford feels they need to do something else... I hope they did the right thing, though.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Kona is just mad because the 2015 4 banger will be faster than the 2012-14 sixxers
Lol. No doubt. The 4 banger will be faster than the 11 plus V6 models. I actually think its cool but how much more thousands will that 4 banger cost over the 11 to 14 V6 models. Lol. One could probably put a supercharger on their V6 and with purchase price of that 11 to 14 for what the 4 banger will cost. Lol

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
I agree with you on this. I think all across the board, people forgot what made the Mustang what it is(was?)... I think some people expect to get more for less, too. For the most part, that is not going to happen. My '11 GT has been the car that made me really enjoy getting behind the wheel, again. I may not want to go to work that morning, but it's more tolerable knowing that I get to commute in my ride. It's hard to explain, but I think you know what I mean. Unfortunately, Ford knows times are changing and that Mustang enthusiasts' numbers are not equalling sales numbers. If they were, I very much doubt Ford would need to make such a bold departure.

I think we are reaching by saying that this car looks the same as other models within the brand... which, IMHO, it certainly does not. If we are referring to the front grill, then yes it does look quite similar to the Fusion, but I actually like the present Fusion's front fascia... I thought it looked kind of brawny... until you see the rest of it. Let's face it, the throwback era is done. It made a few notice, but now Ford feels they need to do something else... I hope they did the right thing, though.
I'm all for something else but throwing the Fusion, Focus, Taurus front fascia onto the next generation mustang is not something new and original. Making the side profile look like a Nissan 370z or Hyundai is not new and original. That's just designer lazy and lack of creativity. The front fascia of the Fusion does look nice, its nice for the Fusion a family sedan. Not nice enough for the iconic mustang. I'm all for moving forward on the exterior design. Just make the design, original and one of a kind as did GM does for the Corvette.

61 - 80 of 220 Posts