Mustang Evolution Forum banner

101 - 120 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
I like the rear of the camaro. But then again I've always like camaros. It wasn't till the 2011+ 5.0 that I liked mustangs post early 70s.
That's cool you like them. I liked the rear and taillights of the Camaro up until the 2014 model came out. I personally think GM made a horrible mistake changing from the 2010-2013 taillights but again that's just my opinion. I actually don't see that many 2014 Camaro models on the road. I see a boat load of pre 14 models but hardly any 2014 models. I have no idea how many 2014 units were sold thus far but don't really see many around my region which would be the Philadelphia, DC, Baltimore area.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
That's cool you like them. I liked the rear and taillights of the Camaro up until the 2014 model and all down hill from there. I personally think GM made a horrible mistake changing from the 2010-2013 taillights but again that's just my opinion. I actually don't see that many 2014 Camaro models on the road. I see a boat load of pre 14 models but hardly any 2014 models. I have no idea how many 2014 units were sold thus far but I hardly see them around my region which would be the Philadelphia, DC, Baltimore area.
+1, I've only seen 2, and I live close to several Chevy dealers. Pre 14's on the other hand...

I've just never liked the taillights on the Camaro's. 10-13 looked like someone was squinting, and like you could pull them down like windows, and the 14 single piece lights look bad.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Yrs but to say they took the look fusion is total bull sh*t it the front looks just as much like the 11-14 mustang so I don used how it does not look like a mustang. If you don't like it that's your opinion and that's fine but there is no need to whine and b*tch saying the same thing over and over again

SgUdIIu8WWich0HgK044uNWz8tsZYPoVmcA1_btLn3o,vX0GgZXvnoHaN9C7HyEcbDr1pGwZyH4mewsKD0nKi8Y.png

·
Registered
768 Posts
I have to say I wasn't a fan of it at first.. But after seeing pictures of the Mach 1 and other 15's with aftermarket hoods, rims and body kits.. it's really growing on me now.

·
Registered
790 Posts
You didnt even look... its right there. I love forums these days... it used to be a place where you could kindly show people a different way... and they acknowledge there is a difference. Now its like, "dude your an idiot and im right period!" See i understand you dont like the new stang... but dont say that this is a new thing that ford is doing by making it look like other models when the proof is staring you in the face!
Exactly and don't say there's no progress when the cars are updated, made faster with smaller engines, improved gas mileage and a lot more safe. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

I'm all for something else but throwing the Fusion, Focus, Taurus front fascia onto the next generation mustang is not something new and original. Making the side profile look like a Nissan 370z or Hyundai is not new and original. That's just designer lazy and lack of creativity. The front fascia of the Fusion does look nice, its nice for the Fusion a family sedan. Not nice enough for the iconic mustang. I'm all for moving forward on the exterior design. Just make the design, original and one of a kind as did GM does for the Corvette.
Again it's marketing, always has been always will be. The Japanese copied the U.S. First and they put Mustang Styling into their own cars. So any cues from the cars you mention are only taking back what rightfully belongs to the Mustang. If the 15 was totally new styling it wouldn't be a Mustang and you'd be saying it was a Corvette. All auto company's have stolen from each other. Just look at the Original Camaros and Challengers.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

The only car that should look like a mustang is a mustang. A Corvette looks like a Corvette only and no other performance vehicles. My 2011 doesn't look like a Fusion. A 2008 Mustang doesn't look like a Fusion.
Sorry to say but your car and the Corvette have styling cues from other cars for sure. And if you open your eyes the 15 does Not look like a Fusion. The Fusion looks long and narrow. The 15 Mustang wide and lower. Get over it, keep your 11, I'll keep my 12 and let people move on an accept the advancement.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Hmmmmmm.......... the vette doesnt look like ANY cars???
Me thinks Kona needs new glasses. It's just as close as the Fusion comparison. Maybe closer. In fact I almost bought a Camaro for it's Vetted like look. But you can't see out if the damn thing.

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

I understand what your saying but sorry I'm just not seeing it. The Stingray Corvette doesn't share the same rear end as the Corvette. Sorry, the Stingray is an amazing design that looks nothing like the Camaro from any angle or other vehicle for that matter. If you see the same lines in it, sorry I just don't see it. All good
And the Mustang isn't the same as the Fusion.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Its ok! Kona is just a little troll wanting to start ****... i got better things to do with my time... like saving up to buy that sexy 15!!!!

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Its ok! Kona is just a little troll wanting to start ****... i got better things to do with my time... like saving up to buy that sexy 15!!!!
I have over 3,000 posts so if I'm a troll then pay the toll. You have what 600 plus posts. I'm not new here bud! I'll tell you what I think is your issue my stang friend.
SgUdIIu8WWich0HgK044uNWz8tsZYPoVmcA1_btLn3o,vX0GgZXvnoHaN9C7HyEcbDr1pGwZyH4mewsKD0nKi8Y.png

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Me thinks Kona needs new glasses. It's just as close as the Fusion comparison. Maybe closer. In fact I almost bought a Camaro for it's Vetted like look. But you can't see out if the damn thing.

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

And the Mustang isn't the same as the Fusion.
Yep you guys are totally right. I can seen it now. Thanks for showing me the way guys. The Mustang doesn't look a thing like the Fusion. Whatever you guys say is gospel and who would buy a vette when the Camaro looks so much like it. I totally agree.

The best part of all is , I think the 2015 mustang looks really good and its a nice looking sports car. If I were in the market to buy a new sports car, the 2015 would definitely be my go too car. I would have to put a different grill on it but that fact besides , it would be my go to car.

I'm just glad we have good forum members on here, like you that can show us the way. I don't know what I was thinking but lately with all this hitting the pipe as much it really distorts ones views.
I'm just glad you guys are not one of these forum members.

MMSHUwTvBhHm_SRRdD0ihZwiBxki8KoKyk3uLb-Ah_Y.png

101 - 120 of 220 Posts