Mustang Evolution Forum banner

121 - 140 of 220 Posts

·
Banned
1,146 Posts
Lol as long as it doesn't look like the car in your pic I'm happy. Oooooo burn! Just joking. Z06 all day over my mustang. I'm not a fanboy or loyal to a certain brand or model. I'm a car enthusiast.
Yeah over your mustang, But you do realize with the possible power bumps, weight lose over the next few years and the new technology and IRS. The Mustang will be only a couple tenths off the Vette. Most likely will cost at least $20K less across each model. So you take the Z06 for god who knows how much $80K, 90K, I'll take the base GT take my extra $40K and make it look better and beat the living crap out of that over priced Z06! WOOOO!!! :)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Yeah over your mustang, But you do realize with the possible power bumps, weight lose over the next few years and the new technology and IRS. The Mustang will be only a couple tenths off the Vette. Most likely will cost at least $20K less across each model. So you take the Z06 for god who knows how much $80K, 90K, I'll take the base GT take my extra $40K and make it look better and beat the living crap out of that over priced Z06! WOOOO!!! :)
Lol jk I know the new mustang is going to be a great beast of a car and I'm coming around on the styling of it. I may end up with one one day. However, we all have our dream car and mine is a vette. Zr1 would be my preferred choice but is more than I am willing to spend. the z06 is affordable for me and have always loved them. It's not always about the fastest or coolest looking car or even the best bang for the dollar. it's about what the buyer wants. One more thing,...no z06 is 90k. I've actually never seen one here in az at 80k. I did see a lt3 at $73k once. I'm sure they've been that high somewhere though. You can take a civic and make it faster than your gt that you'll make faster than a z06,...you can do that to almost any car so your point also questions what you said.

Attachments

·
Registered
629 Posts
I wouldnt say that at all! I think all of fords models right now are similar to aston martins... why? Because after the new bond movies every teenage boy had a poster of a db9 on his wall. And now those teenage boys are 21-26 with wives and kids... so sell the look! I never once said that the mustang doesnt look like the fusion, in fact i said the exact opposite... what people dont agree with is the fact that i think there is nothing wrong with that! The aston martin looks good. Everyone in the world thinks so (at least the vast majority). So if ford wants to sell the mustang for another 50 years, make it look like something people already like! It does look like an aston, but true brit sports car lovers would turn their nose up because its too "colonistic" too "rebel" or too "archaic"
And you know what? They're right! It is still the same bold american spit in your face brashness, but with a new age tech facelift. This car is f. Ucki.ng muscle to the core.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
I wouldnt say that at all! I think all of fords models right now are similar to aston martins... why? Because after the new bond movies every teenage boy had a poster of a db9 on his wall. And now those teenage boys are 21-26 with wives and kids... so sell the look! I never once said that the mustang doesnt look like the fusion, in fact i said the exact opposite... what people dont agree with is the fact that i think there is nothing wrong with that! The aston martin looks good. Everyone in the world thinks so (at least the vast majority). So if ford wants to sell the mustang for another 50 years, make it look like something people already like! It does look like an aston, but true brit sports car lovers would turn their nose up because its too "colonistic" too "rebel" or too "archaic"
And you know what? They're right! It is still the same bold american spit in your face brashness, but with a new age tech facelift. This car is f. Ucki.ng muscle to the core.
Preach brother , preach.

·
Registered
92 Posts
+1...

My biggest concern about the 2015 Mustang rollout was whether they would retain the use of a V8 motor... normally aspirated... preferably, a 5.0 ... Guess what, they did. I'm sure they very well could have done away with it and thrown in an Ecoboost V6 or something in it's place, net similar power numbers as the present GT, and lose a boatload of weight in the process. Heck, they might just do that one day, anyway(CAFE requirements)! It's rumored that the next-gen BMW M3/M4 did just that...

I'm also glad that they continue to offer manual transmissions, whereas many others are going to high-tech manu-matics. All of the other extra stuff Ford is offering is a huge bonus for me.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
+1... My biggest concern about the 2015 Mustang rollout was whether they would retain the use of a V8 motor... normally aspirated... preferably, a 5.0 ... Guess what, they did. I'm sure they very well could have done away with it and thrown in an Ecoboost V6 or something in it's place, net similar power numbers as the present GT, and lose a boatload of weight in the process. Heck, they might just do that one day, anyway(CAFE requirements)! It's rumored that the next-gen BMW M3/M4 did just that... I'm also glad that they continue to offer manual transmissions, whereas many others are going to high-tech manu-matics. All of the other extra stuff Ford is offering is a huge bonus for me.
+1, especially once I learn how to drive a stick shift. Keep the V8!

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
+1...

My biggest concern about the 2015 Mustang rollout was whether they would retain the use of a V8 motor... normally aspirated... preferably, a 5.0 ... Guess what, they did. I'm sure they very well could have done away with it and thrown in an Ecoboost V6 or something in it's place, net similar power numbers as the present GT, and lose a boatload of weight in the process. Heck, they might just do that one day, anyway(CAFE requirements)! It's rumored that the next-gen BMW M3/M4 did just that...

I'm also glad that they continue to offer manual transmissions, whereas many others are going to high-tech manu-matics. All of the other extra stuff Ford is offering is a huge bonus for me.
That's true, because the manual transmission Ford is using in the current model will be in the 2015 and its been so reliable with little issues.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Its funny i would fall into that teenage boy category and i could see how ford would go at it from that angle. I personally think that maybe theyre aiming at a broader consumer base with this redesign and going after the European market hence the styling ques from the Vanquish/DB9 and offering up the 2.3L ecoboost.

But Im not a fan of the redesign for the simple fact that to me it doesn't fit into the "muscle car" form in my opinion . However i do think this new mustang is more along the lines of a new aged sports car as apposed to an old fashion muscle/pony car.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Its funny i would fall into that teenage boy category and i could see how ford would go at it from that angle. I personally think that maybe theyre aiming at a broader consumer base with this redesign and going after the European market hence the styling ques from the Vanquish/DB9 and offering up the 2.3L ecoboost.

But Im not a fan of the redesign for the simple fact that to me it doesn't fit into the "muscle car" form in my opinion . However i do think this new mustang is more along the lines of a new aged sports car as apposed to an old fashion muscle/pony car.
^

ForumRunner_20131211_215627.png

Ba ha ha ha ha

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Its funny i would fall into that teenage boy category and i could see how ford would go at it from that angle. I personally think that maybe theyre aiming at a broader consumer base with this redesign and going after the European market hence the styling ques from the Vanquish/DB9 and offering up the 2.3L ecoboost. But Im not a fan of the redesign for the simple fact that to me it doesn't fit into the "muscle car" form in my opinion . However i do think this new mustang is more along the lines of a new aged sports car as apposed to an old fashion muscle/pony car.
I think certain things are muscle because were told so. I mean mustang v8 isn't that muscle regardless of the look considering its half a century history as such?

·
Banned
1,146 Posts
Lol jk I know the new mustang is going to be a great beast of a car and I'm coming around on the styling of it. I may end up with one one day. However, we all have our dream car and mine is a vette. Zr1 would be my preferred choice but is more than I am willing to spend. the z06 is affordable for me and have always loved them. It's not always about the fastest or coolest looking car or even the best bang for the dollar. it's about what the buyer wants. One more thing,...no z06 is 90k. I've actually never seen one here in az at 80k. I did see a lt3 at $73k once. I'm sure they've been that high somewhere though. You can take a civic and make it faster than your gt that you'll make faster than a z06,...you can do that to almost any car so your point also questions what you said.
I nicely optioned stingray Z51 will set you back $60K. So I would bet a Z06 will be pushing $80K or more. That's just to much to spend on a car. But like you said its all what you want.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Car looks change with each generation. Imagine if any of the previous generations were marketed today. There would be no market for them, and for good reasons. The issue is to place cars in the context of when they came out. A lot of cars did not make it because they were too advanced for the market tastes. And the definition of a muscle car depends on whose definition. It too changes. To my thinking, the Mustang is a pony car, and the Taurus SHO is a muscle car. The Challenger is the pony car, and the Charger Hemi is the muscle car.

·
Registered
92 Posts
That's true, because the manual transmission Ford is using in the current model will be in the 2015 and its been so reliable with little issues.
I take it that you were one of the unlucky recipients of a 2011+ Mustang with a faulty manual transmission. If so, I can understand your feelings... sorry. I guess I was one of the lucky ones.

Furthermore, I believe they stated that they will be offering a revised/improved version of the current manual transmission... which is a good thing. It's not like vehicles equipped with DCT's or Manu-matics have not been documented with issues(GT-R's and 456's comes to mind), whether mechanical or driver-error not withstanding.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
I take it that you were one of the unlucky recipients of a 2011+ Mustang with a faulty manual transmission. If so, I can understand your feelings... sorry. I guess I was one of the lucky ones.

Furthermore, I believe they stated that they will be offering a revised/improved version of the current manual transmission... which is a good thing. It's not like vehicles equipped with DCT's or Manu-matics have not been documented with issues(GT-R's and 456's comes to mind), whether mechanical or driver-error not withstanding.
Actually. I have the automatic which has been flawless, but all one greatly here's about when it comes to issues is the manual transmission on the 11 plus. Lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Might as well restart this, got a whole year to go as we wait for the '15 . . .

Agree with the gut reaction that with the '15, Ford no longer aims the GT at 'muscle car'. Notice the magazine comparos the last few years. Ford has been putting the GT up against the BMW M coupes, not just the Camaro, etc. The pressers are pretty clear that Ford wants the '15 to be its world performance car, it wants to lure Porsche, BMW, Alfa, Jaguar drivers away from their message boards and onto this one.

The Gen 6 2015 mock up looks 'Euro.' The Gen 4 Mustangs looked 'Tokyo.'

Gen 1 is the standard. Gen 5, the beloved S197s, are retro homages to Gen 1. They define, they epitomize, what a Pony Car / smaller muscle car is. They are in their design, also like Rolexes. Rolxes change but very slowly over time. A 1960s Rolex and a 2013 Rolex share many design cues, you can tell which is older, but they are and should be very related to each other visually.

Gen 6 may become something that is higher and better than the Mustang has ever been. If the Gen 6 car evolves into something that looks and performs like some kind of awesome James Bond car, there is nothing wrong with that.

But because of the example of Gen 4, which did not evolve into anything further but was scrapped as a design dead-end, history suggests that it is equally likely that Ford is chasing design trends from abroad, and that they may reach a dead end and then give us yet another new version of Gen 1, all over again.

121 - 140 of 220 Posts