Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if 15in wheels will fit up front on the cobras? i know they wont fit on the the rear. im lookin at puttin some 15in racestars up front and the 17s out back

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
I would think that the front rotors would be bigger then the rear. So probably not. :/ Unless the wheel you use is really narrow but you still may need to use a spacer. No one chimed in so I thought I'd throw some logic out there. :D

·
Registered
915 Posts
The 17s go in the front and the 15s go in the back

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I run a 1" spacer with my 15x3.5 pacer dragstars. No issues clearing factory brakes.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i only ask cause i want the big and skinnies but dont wanna swap brakes and everything to put 15s on the rear. and if i could get away with the 15x3.5s up front and the 17x10s out back on full slicks itll look and perform just as well as 15s on the back. i just dont see spending $250+ for 17x3.5s up front as well as out back. thanks for the inputs

·
Registered
430 Posts
You would have to run 17x3.5 or 17x4 up front then 15x10s or 15x8 out back... Your front calipers are bigger than the back, you can fit a 15 up front with the correct back space and then have the 15 out back to

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
You won't be able to clear a 15 on the back with irs. 16 will fit.

I have a 03 cobra, you'll need a 1" spacer on the front to clear the brakes with a 15" front runner.

You want as much sidewall as possible, especially with the weak axles the 99/01 cobra came witj

·
Registered
430 Posts
lowflyn said:
You won't be able to clear a 15 on the back with irs. 16 will fit.

I have a 03 cobra, you'll need a 1" spacer on the front to clear the brakes with a 15" front runner.

You want as much sidewall as possible, especially with the weak axles the 99/01 cobra came witj
I thought it was only the 03/04 cobra that couldn't fit a 15 on the back? Isn't it just that bolt or w/e that sticks out the reason?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Coreyw428 said:
I thought it was only the 03/04 cobra that couldn't fit a 15 on the back? Isn't it just that bolt or w/e that sticks out the reason?
Nope. You have to grind the tie rod and brake caliper. The rotor is vented 11.75".

The only real diff between the 99/01 and 03/04 irs is the halfshafts and diff.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Oh my bad, I thought the 99 to 01 was made different, I got told that by someone, I new they wouldn't go on a 03 cause my friend had 1 and he was convinced he could make it work, next day he at the track he was back on his factory wheels lol... Might have been him that was tellin me they was different and the 99s had more room

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i know 15s wont fit on the rear tried once but im not grinding down the tierod mounts down to make it fit. i think im just gonna keep my stockers for the track with some bobo tires on the front and try the new m and h full 17in slick. i found the tsw valencia's on AM now im in love so i think i will just do that

1 - 12 of 12 Posts