Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I'm 16 and have a 2003 mustang GT with vortech s trim, all bolt on, lift weight puck flywheel, 373s, and short throw shifted. Tuned professionally. 450HP 373RWHP
I've heard that if you push over 450HP you will throw rods with the 4.6 sohc. Is that true? And if not what are some things I could do to make it a little bit faster and make it get down the strip faster. Running 11.9 right now. Just anything that would help me or I should know please help. Had another 01 GT that I wrecked , hydroplaned. I'm 16 and still wanting to learn stuff tht I don't know. Pleas help me out. Thanks

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Wow sign me up for your parents lol. No clue on your question...welcome to the site

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
I wouldn't push that block much more until you can get a built bottom end. I would definitely do as the other guys said. A driver mod is another big thing. You could try shedding some weight as well.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Just practice planting the power to the ground

·
Registered
483 Posts
You should just plain practice driving. You've wrecked one already. And I would assume it wasn't as modified as your current one. I would say a stock mustang could be a handful for a younger driver. The more seat time you have in the car, the quicker you will learn the limits of both the car and yourself.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
You should just plain practice driving. You've wrecked one already. And I would assume it wasn't as modified as your current one. I would say a stock mustang could be a handful for a younger driver. The more seat time you have in the car, the quicker you will learn the limits of both the car and yourself.
+10000

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Hello I'm 16 and have a 2003 mustang GT with vortech s trim, all bolt on, lift weight puck flywheel, 373s, and short throw shifted. Tuned professionally. 450HP 373RWHP
I've heard that if you push over 450HP you will throw rods with the 4.6 sohc. Is that true? And if not what are some things I could do to make it a little bit faster and make it get down the strip faster. Running 11.9 right now. Just anything that would help me or I should know please help. Had another 01 GT that I wrecked , hydroplaned. I'm 16 and still wanting to learn stuff tht I don't know. Pleas help me out. Thanks
Hahah nice stang if you ran a 11.9 in 1/4 mile. To prevent throwing a rod or piston you could get stronger pistons and rods, a built bottom end kit. Speed shifting, slicks or drag radial, or wide street tires like nittos like 315's and skinny tires which are 4 inches wide up front or just get 245 street tires or 275 up front. Shedding weight like bumper supports put battery in the back trunk

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Im still waitin on pics of the car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all the help. And I'm not that bad of a diver, raced stock cars a lot when I was younger and the last mustang I wrecked was because if driving fast in the rain witch won't happen agian lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes, has a kenne brown sup frame.

Would lowering spring and new sway bars help make it handle a little better and make it a little faster?

---------- Post added at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 AM ----------

And how much would it cost for a forged bottom end? And forged rods and pistons and how much horse could I push then?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts