Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dan,

I'm interested in some 17" Chrome Pony wheels for a 1989 GT Convertible. I want to use 17x8 on the front and as wide a wheel and tire combo on the back that will fit without having to beat in the fender well or roll the fender lip. Need some help choosing the rear wheels and tires.

But first, I was looking on the AM site for the wheels, but I only saw 17" Chrome Ponies with the 5 lug bolt pattern. Do you have them with the 4 lug bolt pattern too?

Thanks. :good:

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
Dan,

I'm interested in some 17" Chrome Pony wheels for a 1989 GT Convertible. I want to use 17x8 on the front and as wide a wheel and tire combo on the back that will fit without having to beat in the fender well or roll the fender lip. Need some help choosing the rear wheels and tires.

But first, I was looking on the AM site for the wheels, but I only saw 17" Chrome Ponies with the 5 lug bolt pattern. Do you have them with the 4 lug bolt pattern too?

Unfortunately we only have the 17' Pony wheels in 5 Lug. I wish I could be more help! However as far as size for the back goes, you could get away with a 10' wide wheel if your willing to flip and or take out the quad shock!

I hope this helps, let me know if I can be of any assistance!

-Dan

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately we only have the 17' Pony wheels in 5 Lug. I wish I could be more help! However as far as size for the back goes, you could get away with a 10' wide wheel if your willing to flip and or take out the quad shock!

I hope this helps, let me know if I can be of any assistance!

-Dan
Yes, it does help. I would be willing to remove the quad shocks.
What's the maximum width tires for that rim that would fit without beating up the fender wells or fenders?

If you don't mind, who is the manufacturer of the wheels?
I would like to contact them and see if there is any chance they might be making the rims in 4 lug.

·
Banned
2,785 Posts
Trojan Horse said:
What's the maximum width tires for that rim that would fit without beating up the fender wells or fenders?

I would like to contact them and see if there is any chance they might be making the rims in 4 lug.

Goofy question but, what are the quad shocks?

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Goofy question but, what are the quad shocks?
Shocks you put on your quads to lessen the landing impact when you jump. ;) :D

They are the horizontally mounted shocks or the rear axle right behind your rear tires. :good:

·
Banned
2,785 Posts
Trojan Horse said:
Shocks you put on your quads to lessen the landing impact when you jump. ;) :D

They are the horizontally mounted shocks or the rear axle right behind your rear tires. :good:
OK Thanks!

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Dan, can I get an answer to my questions in the quote please?

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts

Trojan Horse,

Sorry about the delay! I checked into this for you, these wheels are manufactured by a private label company who will only manufacture in large quantity's.

I wish I could be more help with you on this, however I don't have any access to private label information.

-Dan

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hehehe sounds like a 5 lug swap is in order ;)
Not on this particular car. We want it to remain somewhat stock, but we may have no choice. :good:
We are fixing it up according to my youngest daughter's wishes.
She was killed by a drunk driver in 2007 and we are trying to follow exactly what she wanted to do to her car in memory of her. When finished her sisters will show the car with a placard about drinking and driving and it's effects on losing family members because of accidents caused by it.

Trojan Horse,

Sorry about the delay! I checked into this for you, these wheels are manufactured by a private label company who will only manufacture in large quantity's.

I wish I could be more help with you on this, however I don't have any access to private label information.

-Dan

Thanks Dan, What about max tire width for those 17x10 wheels?

·
Banned
2,785 Posts
Trojan Horse said:
Not on this particular car. We want it to remain somewhat stock, but we may have no choice. :good:
We are fixing it up according to my youngest daughter's wishes.
She was killed by a drunk driver in 2007 and we are trying to follow exactly what she wanted to do to her car in memory of her. When finished her sisters will show the car with a placard about drinking and driving and it's effects on losing family members because of accidents caused by it.

Thanks Dan, What about max tire width for those 17x10 wheels?
That's awesome, and I'm sorry! People who drive drunk should be should at least be shot in the foot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts