·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking 315. 285 are just a little small

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
You can fit a 335 although it has some bulge. I'm running a 305 toyo and have a 295 bfg on the wife's car.

Not all tires are the same width, do some research on actual tread width before purchasing.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
lowflyn said:
You can fit a 335 although it has some bulge. I'm running a 305 toyo and have a 295 bfg on the wife's car.

Not all tires are the same width, do some research on actual tread width before purchasing.
This is true. It also comes down to what dot suggests. They say not to go beyond 295 on a 10 inch. I don't see why u can't go 305 easy.
But depends on the tire

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Yes it depends on the tire also. When I compared my 305 hossiers to my 315 pirellis they looked dead even width wise

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also don't know what tires to get

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
1lowGT said:
I also don't know what tires to get
What are you wanting from the tires? Long life = less traction. Good traction = little life

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Something with long life but hook up pretty good and that are reasonable priced. But I like that nitto drs

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
1lowGT said:
Something with long life but hook up pretty good and that are reasonable priced. But I like that nitto drs
Nittos have horrible life. I got 4k out of the one set I bought. My toyo r888's have lasted longer and it's a better hooking tire. The bfg kdw2 is a good tire as well. The ones on my wife's car have over 30k hard miles on them and hook pretty well

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So which ones would you recommend for daily driving with some messing around racing.

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

I do like the bfg they look pretty awesome

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If i got with 17/10.5 instead how tall should i go with the tires does 315/35 or 40 sound good or what do you guys recommend?

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
Nittos have horrible life. I got 4k out of the one set I bought. My toyo r888's have lasted longer and it's a better hooking tire. The bfg kdw2 is a good tire as well. The ones on my wife's car have over 30k hard miles on them and hook pretty well
I've got Nittos and they've lasted 40k milesso far, including dozens of trips down the local track. Still have plenty of treadlife too.

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
Yea but lowlyflyn has a 500hp car
But the OP's is not. That's why I threw in my 2¢ about them lasting much than lowlyflyn made it seem.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Florida3.7L said:
But the OP's is not. That's why I threw in my 2¢ about them lasting much than lowlyflyn made it seem.
True that. Depends how they are used as well : good:

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quick question what you mean by OP lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts