Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking at the many choices of wheels available, I've finally decided to get a set of charcoal AMR wheels! Now I'm trying to see if I should go for 19" or 20". I'm more interested in looks than performance, as this is my dd in the nice weather.

I'be thought about lowering it, but will hold off for now, so I don't know if the 20" rims would look right on my car, or whether I should stick with 19's. Any comments or tips?

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
How about 15's?:p:

Here's my new rear wheel setup. Weld RT-S 15x10 wheels wrapped in Mickey Thompson 295/55-15 tires.

Front skinny's to come.

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
I think 19" rubber will be less expensive and you can go for some wider and thinner rubber that will look better. I had staggered for 11 years on my BMW and it was a real pain for rubber. In the end I would get new rear rubber but sometimes the Tire company stopped producing the model I had on my car and I would have to buy all 4 new.

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
19" tires are gonna be more expensive than a 20" just for the simple fact that 20" has become a really common size tire on cars. If it was me I would lower it first which will only cost you a couple hundred dollars then pick up some wheels. 20" look great on these cars but so do 19". It's gonna come down to opinion in this case. I would run some 20".

·
Registered
375 Posts
I think u should get 20s. These days that's the norm which means u won't have trouble finding and buying tires for it. 19s is still a odd size which will make it more difficult and expensive to get the right size tires for the rims.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DDTCM said:
19" tires are gonna be more expensive than a 20" just for the simple fact that 20" has become a really common size tire on cars. If it was me I would lower it first which will only cost you a couple hundred dollars then pick up some wheels. 20" look great on these cars but so do 19". It's gonna come down to opinion in this case. I would run some 20".
I've noticed that, 20's actually cost less than 19's! As far as lowering it, I'd like to do that too but I've heard it's pretty expensive, not just springs but also caster/camber plates, adjustable panhard bar etc, or am I wrong? (I'm still new at this)

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I've noticed that, 20's actually cost less than 19's! As far as lowering it, I'd like to do that too but I've heard it's pretty expensive, not just springs but also caster/camber plates, adjustable panhard bar etc, or am I wrong? (I'm still new at this)
Honestly, I don't think aftermarket wheels look right with the 4x4 height the Mustangs come with, looks silly IMHO... Looks ok with the factory wheels.... Lower profile tires and big rear wheel gap doesn't look right

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
You can always do camber bolts instead of CC plates. If you lower it 1" you wont even need those. Lower it 1.5 and you can use the camber bolts which will run you 25/30 bucks. It all depends on how far you want to go with lowering the car and suspension. Some people can just do springs and some people want the full suspension...again,matter of opinion.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
How much$$$$$$??? :)
Brand new the setup I'm going with costs $2500.00 mounted and balanced. Major weight savings though over most wheel/tire setups.

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
You can always do camber bolts instead of CC plates. If you lower it 1" you wont even need those. Lower it 1.5 and you can use the camber bolts which will run you 25/30 bucks. It all depends on how far you want to go with lowering the car and suspension. Some people can just do springs and some people want the full suspension...again,matter of opinion.
I have eibach coil overs on order, will I need the camber bolts or the CC plates. I asked before and was told I didn't need them but I keep reading about people recommending them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ya I have 20x8/20x9 now and I think im gonna go with 18x8/18x10 but idk those forgestars look sick
Thank you every time I look at my car and wheels I know I made the right choice. I almost bought new tires for the stock brembo wheels but at 31lbs each a wheels I couldn't do it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts