Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 65 originally with a straight six. This is the original axle from the car, and if possible I would like to salvage it for cost purposes. I plan on going with a 289 or 302, and my problem is I cannot identify what size the differential is. I know from the decoders that the ring gear is 7.25" and the shaft splines are 24. I need to get some rebuild parts for this axle and cant find anything. Help!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
if it opens from te bac its called a 7.7 if the pumpkin removes from the front its either 8.8 or 9 inch but since its a six its probably a 7.7 as for as putting this behind a 302 it wont last if mustang parts for your car are hard to find look for a granada or lincoln versailles fron 75-80 also the front disc brakes off a granada will work on a mustang this swap has been numerous times over the years magazines that have done this mustangs and fast fords and mustang monthly just to name a couple go to classic mustang car club site there usually all the info there by the way the versailles has rear disc along with granada ghia's good luck

·
Registered
39 Posts
if u live close to dalton go or ask any one if they know a store name is: Jokers Audio my uncle owns it they are the best we got a free t.v for my car on chrismas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts