Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
m looking for my first car! Im in love with the 1965 ford mustang and just HAVE TO have it! Ive found many that are only around $2000 but they need engines! Ive found the engines online and they are around $1500. But I was wondering how much it would cost to get that put in? Also if anyone out there knows where I can find a nice 1965 mustang in Oregon near Salem under $4500 (i would maybe pay $5000 depending) please let me know.
Thankyou!

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you want a 1965 Mustang, that's great. If you want one in decent shape, keep saving and you can probably pick one up for around $20,000.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If can get $5,000 then what I'd do is save another $3,000 or so and get one in better mechanical condition, $5,000 for the car and engine seems too little.

EDIT: Hazle, no one here is being mean, they are just being honest, if your gonna ***** and moan when someone gives you an honest answer then **** off and work it out by yourself before posting anything!!!

If I found one of those for less than $5,000 then personally I wouldn't touch it but then that's me, but its your money so do what you want.

Sorry if that's harsh but it was said exactly how it was meant to.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Your first car should be something more reliable than a 46 year old piece of machinery. I have an 89 Caprice and it's 20 times the work to maintain as my other car, a 97 Crown Vic. If it's your first car, you must be young. Insurance on that sports car will be SKY HIGH. That car is far more unsafe than a modern car, and being young makes it worse. You might pay close to a grand every 6 months just to insure it, besides all the 45 year old pieces on that car that will have to be replaced.

·
Registered
40 Posts
There is a used car dealer in Florence, OR on hwy 101 that has a nice red one. Sorry, but i don't know what they are asking for it. It looks real clean.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Buy those Mustangs for $2,000 (or $5,000), fix them up to stock condition, advertise them & then resale them for $25,000 - $30,000. Then you can buy any car you want!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts