Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I replaced my sender with a new one from Holley with an in-tank pump for my EFI Mobdro conversion, never had a problem with the old one and and I don't recall it being hard to install, but this new one just WILL NOT seal. I'm doing it from underneath the car so i didn't have to remove the tank. I have the gasket on there. First time I put it on the gasket slipped out from under the sender plate as I tightened it. VidMate
I redid it and put a little PTFE paste on it to hold it in place. Seemed to work for two days but this morning I noticed I have a gas puddle underneath the tank (it's outside).
Not sure what to do here. No matter what I do I can't keep the gasket from slipping and the locking ring is extremely difficult to set but I finally got it. I'm considering just getting some gas-proof gasket maker and slather thing it with it.
is there a trick to this?

·
Registered
8,316 Posts
You will likely need to remove the fuel tank to install the fuel sender gasket correctly. It probably slipped out of the slot, and then got pinched when the retaining ring was tightened.
I recommend getting a new gasket, and installing it with the tank removed from the vehicle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts