Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1967 Ford Mustang Coupe. 289 V8. Edelbrock 4bbl carb. Great daily driver runs excellent and looks hot on the road.
Repainted FORD "G2" Redfire Metallic in 2006. Original 'Green' color still hidden under the interior carpet. California car, no rust. New front fenders and hood. New GT style fog lamps have been added on, but are not original.
Rebuilt engine in 2004 has less than 5000mi on it. The odometer reads 56,800 however.
New Sony am/fm/cd/mp3cd stereo with external audio plug for ipod or other portable music device.
Manual drum brakes.
No power steering, heat or a/c.
New brakes, shocks, springs, tires and wheels, all around. All new chrome and window moldings.
Needs minor interior work and a good engine compartment detailing to be complete. SEE PHOTOS.
Over $16,000 invested. Paint has lifetime guarantee. I have all reciepts of service, and replacement parts.

·
Registered
42 Posts
No heat? - that was standard, not an option! You'll need to replace the heater core.
What kind of transmission?
Califonria cars rust, just not where you can see it as much.
Need interior work, how is the headliner, that's the hardest to replace. Why new front fenders and hood - rear ended someone? 4 lug or 5 lug wheels will tell you if it was a 6-cyl particularly the front -- some people are too lazy to swap out the front.
Front suspension rebuilt? Will be needed if it hasn't been done.
Without seeing it, don't know. Sounds a bit high...

·
Registered
33 Posts
This could very wellk e a good deal. California cars usually equate with no rust, so the amount of new sheetmetal may represent a caution.

The way it is equipped is also something of a puzzle. I would have thought that a V8 'stang would be more heavily optioned.

If I were you, I'd ask for the VIN so I could check how the car was originally equipped. If it was born as a 6-cylindr, it's not quite as desirable as an original V8. I'd also see if there was a Carfax report to ensure that the car hadn't been in a wreck.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It is considered a classic if it is over 30 years old, if you bought it and took your time and restored it ,to it's original show room state ,you could take it to a major antique car show and sell it for about 3 times what you paid for it or even more. So if you want to invest in something that is worth while , and you have the money to restore it , go for it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
No heat or A/C? Garbage. Manual Drum Brakes? Garbage. New fenders, hood and paint (hmmm, sounds like an accident). Keep on lookin there bud. $12,000 is way too much for that car. You can find better for much cheaper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts