Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a '67 V6 Mustang for sale for $4,500. Interior fully restored, all original, 107,000 miles, automatic, runs, and needs new paint, should I buy? Could it be a primary car for me to use and be reliable?

·
Registered
37 Posts
i would tell you no.
because of this:
the car will get bad gas mileage since its an older car, and gas prices will be getting more expensive.
i suggest getting a small compact car, you will be better off financially... but if you got free gas for the rest of your life, go for it!

·
Registered
33 Posts
It wont be a V6.

Its either a straight six cylinder, or a V8, probably a 289.

Either motor is reliable, and cheap and easy to fix. The automatics are a simple box and cheap enough to replace and repair also.

If there is no major rust, and you can live with the bad paint, it would be a ok car to drive around, if you dont mind no power steer, and no air con.

$4500 is probably a bit rich, maybe offer a bit less. A paintjob will cost you between $1000 - $2000 so keep that in mind.

·
Registered
43 Posts
No... definately not. If you want to leave it in your garage and drive it maybe 2 days out of the year to a car convention... then sure... but you're better using that money to put a down on a Ford Focus with better gas mileage because of gas prices... it's pretty reliable car... very cheap. The incentives and rebates are great by Ford...

Good luck...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts