Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to break down and get my wife her dream car. What I'm looking for is one that doesn't even run. I have relatives and friends that know how to turn a wrench, and I have a storage space. There are thousands of square miles in this country, and I know there are some broken down junkers laying around behind some barn, or at some junkyard in a place that doesn't use the internet. Looking at the thrifty nickel ads and scoping the internet aren't going to find me what I need. If anyone knows where there is one, and can relay that to me, it'd be real cool.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The basic answer is, you don't.

You are looking for one of most sought after and rare collectible cars on the planet. It's been 42 years since this car was built. Virtually everyone in existence has been found by now.

You've got a better chance of finding a sack with $50,000 cash in it laying by the curb.

Save yourself the problem and frustrations and find one that has already been restored and just sink your money in that. In the long run the "barn junker" will cost you more anyway. In the meantime your wife could be driving her dream car instead of nagging you to stop spending money and time working on this project that may or may not ever get completed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Let's just say you aren't the first person to want to do this. Those are very rare, very valuable Mustangs. Highly collectible, too. You could look for years and not find one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts