Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm seeing if I can get out to see this car sometime today, but I really don't know much about them. It's a 1970 hardtop 302 that looks really well kept from the pictures.

If it all checks out today then I'll have a mechanic come look at it, but can anyone give me some advice as to what to check for when I get down there?

1970 Ford Mustang V8 302

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Looks like a beauty from the outside but just look for rust underneath and on the inside. The car is 43 years old and now adage it's hard to find anything metal that's over. 40 years old without some rust.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
The ad was deleted by the author. Either he decided not to sell it or he sold it or he took a ride on the reading railroad. None the less, it's gone. :cry:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked the car out yesterday. As we drove out of his garage I almost rolled into oncoming traffic because the brakes were so dead. The interior wasn't terrible, but it was starting to fall apart.

It was a good experience, though. It made me realize tight handling is really important to me, so now I'm looking at getting a cheap new edge or foxbody that I can mod a bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts