Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Engine is all stock, Stock exhausted. its single, Not Dual.

I was wondering should i just throw, one flowmaster on there?
or should i make it daul exhausted, and run glasspacks?
Or my Other option is run magnaflows .

i want it too sound mean, and loud tell me what i should do,

·
Registered
8 Posts
i would suggest going with the dual exhaust and magnaflows to help that 302 breath nice. magnaflow also sells cat converters also. and to help top it all off a k&n filter should help the air intake nicely

·
Registered
32 Posts
DO NOT remove the catalytic converters(cats)!
It's illegal, it won't make any real difference in how the car runs, and you risk getting a very large fine if caught by a inquisitive cop or roadside inspection which driving a Mustang will already make you a target. It will make the car a little louder but who cares since your already planning on getting a new exhaust for it.
You can bolt on any aftermarket dual exhaust to a 1979-93 Mustang as long as you get all the right parts first. 1986-93 Mustangs had factory shorty headers instead of manifolds(they were referred to as manifolds at Ford however). These cars also had dual exhaust. If you get those factory headers and a factory H-pipe WITH cats then you can bolt on any aftermarket exhaust for the 1986-93 Mustang that your heart desires. There are many to choose from. Every manufacturer has at least 1 kit available and each brand has their own sound. Youtube is a great place to listen to Mustangs with different brand kits to see what you like. I do not recommend classic glasspack mufflers as this will be overly loud and it won't sound as crisp and have a low sounding rumble as a modern application specific aftermarket performance muffler will.
Used factory shorty headers and H-pipe from 1986-93 Mustangs will be cheap and easy to find. Look on Craigslist, Ebay or your local salvage yard. then all you'll need is whatever cat-back exhaust you want.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts