Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad gave me a 84 mustang lx four banger auto trans. I drove it till the motor died. It's been sitting for a long time. I'm wondering if it's worth fixing up? If it is worth it. I would like to put a 302 and T5 in it. I have the motor and trans.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
My dad gave me a 84 mustang lx four banger auto trans. I drove it till the motor died. It's been sitting for a long time. I'm wondering if it's worth fixing up? If it is worth it. I would like to put a 302 and T5 in it. I have the motor and trans.
I wouldn't the rust looks pretty heavy... It'll probably be a better idea to start with a more decent platform, it can be fixed but it will take years, a lot of $$ and to a of patience

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Depends how far you want to take it. You could put your grandchildrens inheritance into it. Then again, you can throw the motor in that you have, some tires & wheels, a coat of primer and be rockin a mustang.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I was thinking of tearing it all apart. See how the rust is. I would like to restore it. But upgrade motor and trans. The car was giving to me for free so i haven't really put any money in it. What is the best tool to use to sand the rust?

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Fizzerman said:
I was thinking of tearing it all apart. See how the rust is. I would like to restore it. But upgrade motor and trans. The car was giving to me for free so i haven't really put any money in it. What is the best tool to use to sand the rust?
If your going to that extent, have it professionaly media blasted. Should be able to get it done for a couple hundred.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
If your going to that extent, have it professionaly media blasted. Should be able to get it done for a couple hundred.
+1 then you'll be able to see all the F'd up areas on the car. It's scary to see what you'll find when you take a car down to bare metal. But go for it dude!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts