Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a mustang notchback 1986 and I wanted long tube headers but I live in Cali. And not sure if the car will pass smog after can anyone give me insight on my situation?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Im not too sure. Ive heard of people running E85 and being able to pass smog tests catless...of course that was Subarus so Fords may be a bit diff tho.

·
Registered
23 Posts
if it passes now go get it done and then put those parts on and then save your old parts and right before you go back again swap it out.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
I have a mustang notchback 1986 and I wanted long tube headers but I live in Cali. And not sure if the car will pass smog after can anyone give me insight on my situation?
As long as your emissions system is intact and working, long tube headers should not have any adverse effect.

·
Banned
699 Posts
Its a matter of personal oppinion and in mine yes there half the price of bbk headers and they dont run a "solid flandge" that warps and leaks like bbks mac run indavidual flanges over each exhaust port so they r harder to warp and leak check em out!

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Also there off road prochambers are awsome!

·
Banned
699 Posts
Very nice theres a notch running lt mac headers on u tube sounds awsome check it out i cant remember what its called and i dont know how to post links so ull have to surch ur self sry other wise id just post a link

·
Registered
204 Posts
Swangin_Stangs said:
I have Bbk x pipe with super 40 stage 2 flows catted
You should be good.. I have it straight pipe..nothing at all..but for my smog check I just put the flowmasters on and it passed with out a problem..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts