Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
That's definitely not a OEM color/finish is it Shifty??Good color choice.Now all you gotta do is get the charger,upper intake,PS pump & tensioner pulley polished to make the inside look as good as the outside does.BTW-are the engine parts painted or powder coated??Kinda look like they're coated.I was asking because I done that kind of work before at Advanced Plating in Nashvegas

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
^^^ Hello fellow Tennessean! I've never seen anyone on here from Nashville.

On another note,

Are the AOD 4 speed transmissions really that bad???

·
Registered
365 Posts
The car color is sonic blue and no they're not powder coated. I just stripped the previous paint/primer/ then high temp paint

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
5 Posts
Look at the window seals around the rear quarter panel. Usually, these can be cracked or brittle. Not a tough fix if you buy aftermarket replacement windows. You can opt for an overlay trim. The replica windows will not have the Mustang name etched.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Here is my labor of love.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Money started to run out by the end so I had to reuse the 1-5/8" headers and other stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Yeah it was a stroker kit and bored over .040".

·
Registered
298 Posts
Looks real nice Smurf,especially those big *** longtubes.Did you go from a stock bore (4.000") straight to the (4.040") bore or was the block already bored (4.030") and you went to a (4.040") bore from there??Have you experienced higher engine temps since moving to a (4.040") bore??I'm only asking out of curiosity because a (4.060") block usually runs on the hot side due to the thin cylinder walls.I'm curious if the same issue has popped up or not,considering thats only(.020") away from the non usable block which overheats.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Not really hotter. Running AC in Miami and I cruise anywhere, the hottest it has run was 208. Driven it to Bradenton and down to the Keys with no problems.

Sent from the Bathroom

21 - 33 of 33 Posts