Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, long time no talk. I was around a couple years ago under a different name but fell off because my sixxer is being poop. Anyways I have the option of buying a 1994 with a swapped in 1988 upped to a 306 amongst other mods. However if I were to buy this it would be a project. I was told that the front assembly needs to put on as well as the steering shaft. My father has been a mechanic for over 30 years and I am very mechanically inclined, with projects throughout the years I've done everything successfully. I was wondering if this is something that would be a good idea to pick up? He says all parts are included

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Banned
2,005 Posts
I wouldn't buy a project for a dd. But that's me. When I see the "he says" and "I was tolds" in a post, I assume you have not seen it yet? How much does he want for it? How much is it going to take to get it where you want it? What is your budget? Pics would also help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't buy a project for a dd. But that's me. When I see the "he says" and "I was tolds" in a post, I assume you have not seen it yet? How much does he want for it? How much is it going to take to get it where you want it? What is your budget? Pics would also help.
https://southjersey.craigslist.org/cto/5821550161.html. i have not gone to check it out yet (father is weary about it, and i trust his opinion)

·
Premium Member
5,504 Posts
That wouldn't be worth that in running form would it?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Guys looking for cash offers so if you are handy then maybe but of course you have to know what you are getting into.

Without seeing it running hard to gauge the condition of the rear end, brakes, suspension, transmission.....etc.

Also rebuilt bottom end which is not the end of the world but
By who?
What was used?
Forged bottom end usually means stock components like the stock "forged rods". Again hard to gauge since you will not crack open the motor just to verify.

The heads are ok and the combo is all right.

Needs to be cheap to make it worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts