Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got a mildly ported and internally polished explorer intake; upper and lower, spacer and 65mm t.b. for sale if you need.
I just checked my local pull-a-part and they have 26 explorers. I can get heads for $40 per head and the intake manifold for $80. I kinda want to pull em from the junk yard since this is my first engine build. Just to get a feel for it. Thanks though!

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
I just checked my local pull-a-part and they have 26 explorers. I can get heads for $40 per head and the intake manifold for $80. I kinda want to pull em from the junk yard since this is my first engine build. Just to get a feel for it. Thanks though!
Might as well get the throttle body off the explorer while your at it.

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
Gotchya, didn't realize that. Thanks for the tip.
Also you'll need to pick up a 5.0 mustang tb if you can get one cheap. You'll need the throttle linkage arm off of it to use on the explorer tb.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Also you'll need to pick up a 5.0 mustang tb if you can get one cheap. You'll need the throttle linkage arm off of it to use on the explorer tb.
And the TPS if I'm correct? I have 2, but the one I'm gonna use came ready to go

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Itsnt the mustang 5.0 tb 65mm aswell?
No. It is 60mm.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

Gotta spare 70mm MAF too if you're headed that way. Just sayin...:D

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
And the TPS if I'm correct? I have 2, but the one I'm gonna use came ready to go

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

No. It is 60mm.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

Gotta spare 70mm MAF too if you're headed that way. Just sayin...:D
Yes and the tps, forgot to mention that. :good:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts