Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys trying to help my friend with his fox few of the makor problems are right now that it turns but doesnt turn on if it does it doesnt stay on that long he just replaced the starter solenoid wat ever u call it the thing by the battery not the one with the spark plug theres another one and the positive battery cable thats coming frm that solenoid that gets hooked to the battery gets hot and also as he tries to turn it on it gets stuck and it keeps turning on its on i had to remove the positive cable

·
Banned
422 Posts
First make sure the solenoid is wired up correctly. Then make sure all connections are tight including the one on the starter itself and the battery. If its getting stuck and wont stop cranking it is the solenoid locked up. Im guessing he replaced it with a cheap $5 one. Thats what i did when mine started acting up and it lasted about a week so i bought a $20 duralast gold solenoid and iv had no problems with it

·
Registered
269 Posts
First make sure the solenoid is wired up correctly. Then make sure all connections are tight including the one on the starter itself and the battery. If its getting stuck and wont stop cranking it is the solenoid locked up. Im guessing he replaced it with a cheap $5 one. Thats what i did when mine started acting up and it lasted about a week so i bought a $20 duralast gold solenoid and iv had no problems with it
”Built to last, duralast!”

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info bro il be sure to stop by today and see what we can catch up on i wana see that baby on the streets

1 - 4 of 4 Posts