Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only one wheel spins and I want two. Any ways to do that short of buying a new rear end

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Re: 1990 foxbody rear end lock

If you already have the 8.8 Traction Lock rear end, it probably needs to be rebuilt.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yea that's a sign that your rearend is pretty much done for. You can just have it rebuilt

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much would it cost me to have it rebuilt or would I be better off puling it off another body

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
Kresly said:
How much would it cost me to have it rebuilt or would I be better off puling it off another body
A rebuild kit is pretty cheap. Your also gonna want to put all new bearing in the rear while its out. What will cost is the labor if your not able to do the work yourself. The whole carrier will need reset. Part are probably 1-200$. But labor could be anywhere from 500-1000$ depending.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Even if you've never done it, I'd say grab a chitons manual and give it a go. I don't think it's really hard, just a little tedious

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Blown347 said:
Even if you've never done it, I'd say grab a chitons manual and give it a go. I don't think it's really hard, just a little tedious
Hadn't thought of that. May take me a bit but it's a learning experience

·
Registered
254 Posts
Kresly said:
Hadn't thought of that. May take me a bit but it's a learning experience
And if all else fails, removing the rear end takes maybe an hour. So if u screw it up you can just take it in. But I don't think you will. I've never rebuilt mine per say, but I've had the whole thig apart and it's pretty easy to assemble.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I think I'm having the same issues. I know I have a posi rear but when I burn out only my right tire leaves a mark. The rebuild kits on am are cheap so I'm gonna pick one up. Never took a rear apart but my friends done a few before so I figured with him and my haynes manual I should be good

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just replaced my locker. The clutches broke on mine and bought one from a buddy for 50. Installed it and what a difference. Pretty sure your clutches are smoked. Cheapest clutch set I found was 70. Good luck

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I recently bought another fox shell for 100. Did a rear end swap and it is limited slip and I love it. I also have a rear main seale leak so gotta fix that an replace my clutch. Have a stage 2 in it now. To put in the same is like $330. Insane

1 - 15 of 15 Posts