Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody has experianced this themselves ive got good fuel pressure great compression on all cyclinders good spark I have to run my car at 20 degrees timing for it to not fall on its face but im still having a lack of power issue although it is stock it just doesnt have that get up and go that a 302 notch should have if anybody has any clues or exp with this please help because im running low on ideas thank you

·
Registered
201 Posts
I was wondering if anybody has experianced this themselves ive got good fuel pressure great compression on all cyclinders good spark I have to run my car at 20 degrees timing for it to not fall on its face but im still having a lack of power issue although it is stock it just doesnt have that get up and go that a 302 notch should have if anybody has any clues or exp with this please help because im running low on ideas thank you
20 degrees timing, when stock is at 10 degrees? Sounds like you should correct that first. 20 just seems like way too much.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
20 degrees timing, when stock is at 10 degrees? Sounds like you should correct that first. 20 just seems like way too much.

I thought stock was 14 I did 14 and I did as low as 12 seems to be worse it sputters and wont even hit 6 grand in neutral hesitates at 14 degrees timing its got me going for a loop

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
You don't want to go past 14-16 degrees timing

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You don't want to go past 14-16 degrees timing

I agree but when I go 14 it falls flat on its face when accelerating hesitates sputters pops at 14 degrees I think im just gonna take it to the dyno and get a tune on it anybody know of any good places near camp pendelton? or cali for that matter

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if my cats were clogged that would throw a code correct? same goes for my mass airflow if either of those werent working properly i would have a check engine light?

·
Registered
208 Posts
if my cats were clogged that would throw a code correct? same goes for my mass airflow if either of those werent working properly i would have a check engine light?
I apologize. I didn't see earlier u said u had good spark. If the cats are clogged then the O2's will prolly throw a code. If maf is out of range then it to should throw a code. Have u ran a code test?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I apologize. I didn't see earlier u said u had good spark. If the cats are clogged then the O2's will prolly throw a code. If maf is out of range then it to should throw a code. Have u ran a code test?

yes I have but it was just the tps sensor out of range i checked it the voltage reading are accurate when my foots not on the pedal and at WOT I cleared it and it never came back

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I agree but when I go 14 it falls flat on its face when accelerating hesitates sputters pops at 14 degrees I think im just gonna take it to the dyno and get a tune on it anybody know of any good places near camp pendelton? or cali for that matter
Def take it to a dyno , and have them tune it , gonna cost roughly 400-500 bucks but it's well worth it

·
Registered
143 Posts
Clean your mass air wire. Any little piece of fuzz or contaminate on the wire inside will make it do that. If you have a k&n filter with excessive oil on it could blow upstream and contaminate the wire. I had a similar problem when I first bought my '93. Crc makes a mass air sensor cleaner spray that is safe for it.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Could be a failing fuel pump, my cousin's '95 GT had the same kind of issue. It would read fine when he would test it but it would intermittently go out when he was driving around. He replaced it and it ran like a champ after that.

Have you changed the fuel filter recently? My '92 ran like crap and it ended up being the fuel filter was still the original one and was clogged up as hell. I also had a split vacuum line that ran along the top of the motor that went into the intake on the under side. That caused it to run rich as hell and bog down when cruising and load up when decelerating esp. on the highway.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts