Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently put in a upper and lower intake. 24 lbs injectors fuel pump mass airflow sensor cam. My car is now turning off and when I give it gas it'll shutter

·
Registered
208 Posts
nsguido415 said:
Recently put in a upper and lower intake. 24 lbs injectors fuel pump mass airflow sensor cam. My car is now turning off and when I give it gas it'll shutter
Look in the stickies. Excellent write up on surging/hanging idle and idle reset. U should be ok without a tune unless u supercharged/turbo. Maf needs to be calibrated for the 24lb. injectors and check for vacuum leaks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The maf i bought was for 73mm and 24lb injectors. Its still turning off. What do you mean the stickies?

---------- Post added at 06:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 AM ----------

Finchms said:
Look in the stickies. Excellent write up on surging/hanging idle and idle reset. U should be ok without a tune unless u supercharged/turbo. Maf needs to be calibrated for the 24lb. injectors and check for vacuum leaks.
The maf i bought was 73mm and 24lb injectors

·
Registered
208 Posts
There are the forums and the stickies. Under the stickies there is a useful thread forum that will help u with ur problems.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finchms said:
So i turn the car on idles at about 1000-1100. I let the car warm up then put the car in first start to go and the cars starts to shutter like it doesn't want to pass a center speed. I continue to drive finally after about 15-20 seconds the car starts to drive normal. Say im already going about 45 mphs. And slam the gas the car will then start to shutter and jerk

·
Registered
208 Posts
Did u change the sock on the pump, change fuel filter? Also check fuel pressure and do the base idle reset. Also be a good idea to do the koeo and koer test and see if u have any codes come up. Check cap and rotor also. If either or both are bad it can cause the break up under load.

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
Finchms said:
Finchms said:
There are the forums and the stickies. Under the stickies there is a useful thread forum that will help u with ur problems.
Finchms said:
Did u change the sock on the pump, change fuel filter? Also check fuel pressure and do the base idle reset. Also be a good idea to do the koeo and koer test and see if u have any codes come up. Check cap and rotor also. If either or both are bad it can cause the break up under load.
Excellent approach imo
Also make sure all wire connections are tight. To check for vacuum leaks use a can of carb cleaner and spray all suspected areas including the fuel injectors being careful of electrical.
Make sure your tps has proper voltage and your iac and maf are clean. Then also make sure the egr is functioning properly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dreamstang said:
Excellent approach imo
Also make sure all wire connections are tight. To check for vacuum leaks use a can of carb cleaner and spray all suspected areas including the fuel injectors being careful of electrical.
Make sure your tps has proper voltage and your iac and maf are clean. Then also make sure the egr is functioning properly.
Went to a mech he ordered me a new mass airflow sensor iac sensor and bap sensor? Said they probably faulty hopefully that fixes the shutter

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Went to a mech he ordered me a new mass airflow sensor iac sensor and bap sensor? Said they probably faulty hopefully that fixes the shutter
:confused: Didn't he test them first? Sounds like they're just throwing parts at it hoping one of them is the problem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Trojan Horse said:
:confused: Didn't he test them first? Sounds like they're just throwing parts at it hoping one of them is the problem.
Lol right i was confused... all he said oh you need this this and that.

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Finchms said:
How do you d a base idle test

·
Registered
208 Posts
nsguido415 said:

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

If u look under the stickies section in the useful thread forum there is a write up on base idle reset.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nsguido415 said:

I just realized im missing a bolt on the tps does that matter?

·
Registered
208 Posts
nsguido415 said:
I just realized im missing a bolt on the tps does that matter?
Without both screws in there it could be out of adjustment. It will throw idle off. Get another screw and set the tps to .95-.98 volts with a mm and twist ur throttle and should make a sweep to bout 4.5 volts at full throttle and then do your base idle reset.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts