Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, would anyone know where you would happen to find a cam, heads, and stuff like that for the 3.8 v6?

·
Registered
835 Posts
supersix motorsports has the lumpy-cam. It's made just for sound(It does what it says)
and then compcams has some cams for the ford 3.8/4.2 v6.
longtube headers,only get longtubes, the factory 94-98 shorties are just as good as aftermarket shorties.
a 4.2 stroker any crank out of a 4.2 ford V6, or you can be all fancy and buy a forged 4.2 crank.
split-port conversion. Probably best to get a parts car for this a broken 99-04 swap everything over into yours split-port alone is like 50hp.
a stock 4.2 with split-port is suppose to be 202hp and 250tq. HP doesn't change much if your already have 99-04 v6 mustang, but if your's is a 94-98 you just went from 145 to 202.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright, I'm going to buy a 97 v6 stang and I was looking at how much parts were but couldn't for the life of me find any cans or stuff. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Well I have a 98 v6 with cai,accell super coil,msd wires,flow masters h pipe,intake spacer,bbk pulley,ported and polished upper and lower intake and bama tuner ohh yea

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
i'd guess you're probably around 200 rwhp...that's about 60+ rwhp then stock ...hard to guess since i don't know much about the P&P you had done and to what extent

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I am trying to get a little v6 so I cant try to work it up and beat my friends v8.Hmmmmmmm, Lets see how this goes

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
http://kylepersonperformance.m.webs.com

He does good work at decent prices, check it out and email him for a quote, heads cam intake work etc

i'd guess you're probably around 200 rwhp...that's about 60+ rwhp then stock ...hard to guess since i don't know much about the P&P you had done and to what extent
Eh doubt it, maybe 160, bad enough single ports don't make much horsepower already and it won't change much without a cam, something I learned from Garrett is they also have a decent bit smaller valves than the splitports so that holds them back too

·
Registered
692 Posts
NateZ101 said:
Yeah I am trying to get a little v6 so I cant try to work it up and beat my friends v8.Hmmmmmmm, Lets see how this goes
You'll need a turbo or a good sized shot with gears.

·
Registered
835 Posts
if it's a stock GT you could probably beat it naturally aspirated with the right gears, A 4.2 stroker motor, split port swap, ported heads and intake, high performance cam shaft, CAI, exhaust(Headers, O/R mid pipe, good mufflers)
if its 1994-98 its got 225 hp, 1999-04 had 260hp I think.

·
Registered
692 Posts
lemons95 said:
if it's a stock GT you could probably beat it naturally aspirated with the right gears, A 4.2 stroker motor, split port swap, ported heads and intake, high performance cam shaft, CAI, exhaust(Headers, O/R mid pipe, good mufflers)
if its 1994-98 its got 225 hp, 1999-04 had 260hp I think.
All that and you might make 300 rwhp for about 8-9 grand...

Or you can do a shot with good gears for about 1500 installed and tuned
Or a turbo kit installed tuned for around 6...

My .02

·
Registered
692 Posts
And I'm by no means bashing the v6... I was in the same boat just after high school. I had bought myself an 02 v6 auto that could barely chirp 2nd gear if shifted manually. I wanted something that could hang with new edge gt's.

1200 dollars and 1 week later, I had a car that put down 280rwhp and would play all day.

It's just my opinion that the pushrod sixxer needs a little help

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alright nice. Its a stock gt with a cold air and exhaust. Also, what would you guys say is a good price for a 97 v6 5 speed?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alright that's good I found a real nice one for 1200 or best offer. Lets see what I could lower him too.

·
Registered
835 Posts
my parents bought mine for $1000, the engine blew up after a couple months. The engine was beat up. The way I drove it probably didn't help much either.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts