Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week I plan to take out my v6 engine, and the transmission. And then find a 5.0 and getting the Aod transmission computers and wire harnesses. I'm taking my time bc I work at a machine shop where ill be doing my swap.

So questions:
•does the 00 stock k member of my v6 fit up to the 95 5.0?
•does the AOD Fit directly where my v6 trany was?
•what's a good price I can sell my 4r70w transmission which is only 30,000 miles on it 2 years old? And v6 engine?

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the 5.0. It's all I know. And I want something that'll bolt right up a simple swap and I can have an automatic.

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

But I'm interested to here what you have to say

·
Registered
835 Posts
I believe that the 351/5.8 uses almost all of the same parts as the 5.0 HO.
It would be just like dropping a 5.0 in your mustang. it would use the same transmission,engine mounts and It can also use the 5.0's wiring harness and computers.
I think the best bang for your buck would be a 393 though. Its a 351 with the crankshaft and connecting rods out a a 5.0/302.
or if you want more they make a 427 stroker kit for the 351.
the 351 also has more cams to choose from(atleast it does on the compcams website) . If i had one, I'd probably get one of the thumpr roller cams.

and one of the more popular sayings is "there is no replacement for displacement"

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It would be just like dropping a 5.0 in your mustang. it would use the same transmission,engine mounts and It can also use the 5.0's wiring harness and computers.
I think the best bang for your buck

Ok what are you saying here that I could use my 2000 v6 transmission or you talking about the 5.0?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Ive always been a 4.6 fan, because it has better performance than the 5.0, the 4v 4.6 that is. Stroke the 4.6 to a 5.3 with a c4 and high stall torque converter and call it a day. But, you'll need the wiring harness, id advise a tubular k member and a arms, then upgraded fuel pump and lines to handle the extra gas need. You will have one VERY bad street car

·
Registered
835 Posts
the 351 could use your V6's transmission, I recommend getting a tougher transmission though, one that was meant for a V8.
If I was going to do it i'd just buy a good used 351 block and put a 302 crank in it, some good flowing heads and intake, headers, probably a thumpr cam. should make a pretty nice street rod.

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I've just looked and googled some info and found out I could find a Mach 1 engine and put it on my transmission is this true bc I do remember seeing a Mach 1 with an automatic. That would be an awesome swap too, except I can't go d any around here. But one on Craigslist. I know I'd have to use an adaptor plate if I go that route and plus that swap would benefit me bc I have the 4.6 rebuild book from barns and noble

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
However I decided to 5.0 swap. I read all kinds of information and hear all different stuff. But what I need to know is if my k member will work, if my rear end can hold for a while at least enough to get to a shop to change the rear end to an8.8 the shop is a block away.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Is it hard to swap a automatic transmission to a standard?
It's kinda hard just because of all the parts you'll need to install. Plus you need to know the exact order to put things in so that they all work properly. Id just find a donor gt to get the engine, wiring harness, k member, trans, clutch quadrant, clutch petal, shifter, driveshaft, rearend, and fuel pump out of so you have everything infront of you.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts