Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cars had gold key locks fender badges and a gold pony in the front. I've seen a few gt's and v6's with it but not many. They came factory like this and I own a v6 like this...

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Post some pics so I can check it out. In all my years I've never seen a mustang with gold trim....well maybe a couple ugly low riders with Dayton's.

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

I tried to find something on Google, but got nothing in search or image search.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I tried google too but didn't get anything.. Seems to be on the 1995's so I wonder what's so special about it. I'll get a better pic when I go outside

Attachments

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I did find a couple model year that had a gold trim option from the factory. 70, and one of the fox bodies. But they didn't have gold ponies or locks, just gold strips and gold accents in the wheels along with gold mustang letter in the rear bumper.

Looks like somebody added the ones you have, which is likely because I couldn't see ford doing gold ponies and what not on a stang, it just doesn't suit it.

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

95v686gt said:
Yeah I tried google too but didn't get anything.. Seems to be on the 1995's so I wonder what's so special about it. I'll get a better pic when I go outside
What color is the grille pony?

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Figured it out. Ford had no such option. Some dealerships had them painted gold as a "dealer option". It didn't look right on the mustangs and wasn't popular so they didn't do it for long. So really its just an after market kinda thing.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it stands out on a dark color car. I think they should of left the locks alone though

Attachments

·
Registered
775 Posts
There's a red '96-'98 convertible with gold trim around town. I'll try and get a picture if I get the chance.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
ive seen a 04 v6 around here that has some gold trim. the pony on the honeycomb grille is gold and the car is maroonish red or something like that. i dont remember if it had matching stripes or a decal that says mustang in gold on the sides . or maybe both i dont remember

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Project Pony said:
Hmm this is quite interesting, I'm going to do some more digging and see what else I can turn up.
I've seen them on the sn95's but not the new edges. That's the first I've heard of them on those... It is interesting. But my pony up front would be gold also but it was gone when I got the car.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ForsakenProto said:
I own such a pony. Its a 2000 v6. Gold pony up front with gold trim around it, gold accent stripes, and gold badges.
So what's special about the gold? I've been wondering for awhile

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ForsakenProto said:
Heres the kicker, my cars got sn95 split spoke gt wheels in it as well. Had em when i bought it. Wonder if its a coincidence
You buy it new?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I got it in the summer of last year, was owned by a guy in the military so it had relatively low miles on the original motor. No idea if it came with them or not.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ForsakenProto said:
I got it in the summer of last year, was owned by a guy in the military so it had relatively low miles on the original motor. No idea if it came with them or not.
Run the VIN and see

1 - 20 of 25 Posts