Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1995 mustang gts

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  marios21 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I picked up a 95 gts over the weekend, it has had quite a bit of work done to it and I'm hoping y'all join along for the ride of getting it back to its proper form. The motor and 5 speed transmission seem to be in good shape aside from multiple different brand plug wires. Oil, plugs and wires will be replaced this coming up weekend. Mods I've noticed so far is that it has a unknown CAI with a Spectre filter ran into the wheel well, Short throw shifter, and cat back exhaust. I don't know how to check the heads or intake for upgrades.
I'm guessing it's been re-geared being as that when I'm going 65mph according to waze it shows 80mph on the dash. It really jumps of the line. Seat of pants feeling is way quicker off the line than my fox body was. I thought it had an old alarm system as there is a thing with two red lights and a single layer female plug end down by my knee but after looking on Google last night I'm thinking it's a selectable tuner? Neither light comes on though. I came to this after seeing a Diablo tuner that had the same two lights but that one had a switch under the lights. I work out of town and I got the car Saturday and was busy Sunday so I have barely had 30 minutes to really dig into things. Theres some wires coming out of the back of it leaving back towards the radio but I didn't trace them completely. I have some pictures of the new ride, the ones from the add where I found it, once I get it washed I'll post more. It looks black but it's mystic.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
To calculate the rear gear ratio,use Witeout or chalk,jack the rear of the car off the ground,draw a mark on the sidewall of the tire,at the top or bottom,then draw a mark on the driveshaft in the center of the tube.Slowly rotate the tire one complete revolution stopping where your tire mark started.Count the number of revolutions the driveshaft makes during your one complete revolution the tire makes.Example: if the driveshaft makes 3.75 revolutions,youve got a 3:73.
A little over 4 revolutions is a 4:10

---------- Post added at 06:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 AM ----------

To calculate the rear gear ratio,use Witeout or chalk,jack the rear of the car off the ground,draw a mark on the sidewall of the tire,at the top or bottom,then draw a mark on the driveshaft in the center of the tube.Slowly rotate the tire one complete revolution stopping where your tire mark started.Count the number of revolutions the driveshaft makes during your one complete revolution the tire makes.Example: if the driveshaft makes 3.75 revolutions,youve got a 3:73.
A little over 4 revolutions is a 4:10

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.