Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an all stock 95 v6 great shape basic wear n tear
but i want to make it fast fun and aggressive but have no clue on anything about cars my uncle can put them in for me i just need to know what to buy and what not.
i was planning on starting from rear end and work my way forward im open to suggestions on parts things i should change or if im wasting me time?
I know nothing about cars so detail would be great!

·
Registered
420 Posts
I personally wouldnt spend any money on a 96 6cyl but it is your car and depending how long you plan on having it plays a factor. By the way I think your in the classics forum

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was going to take about 200 bucks a month ans slowly just buy stuff for it, I only get like 9 bucks a hour.
BUt my Gma gave me this car so im 100% commited i want to make it bad ass and show her.. she loves fast.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I did a engine swap from a 97 f150.
same engine basically just a different crank shaft.
Mines almost stock.
I got a 4.2 in it, air-silencer delete(very easy probably about 2-3hp FREE HORSEPOWER)
and I cut the muffler off, and straight piped it.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I did a engine swap from a 97 f150.
same engine basically just a different crank shaft.
Mines almost stock.
I got a 4.2 in it, air-silencer delete(very easy probably about 2-3hp FREE HORSEPOWER)
and I cut the muffler off, and straight piped it.
How does the air silencer free up HP?

·
Registered
835 Posts
more air-flow.
It's like a little 1-inch hole. You take off the silencer you more than double the size.
it's like trying to breath through a straw.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Yeah I had it off, but my mechanic said it messed with the MAF sensor or something. I'm gonna take it off again as soon as I get my smog check

1 - 12 of 12 Posts