Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1995 mustang that wont start.. the other day it overheated passed the red line, first time its ever done it. found a leak in my water pump and realized my thermostat was bad. i replaced them both, got new spark plugs and wires and i'm getting plenty of spark. It turns over but will NOT turn on. I also got a new complete starter and battery both installed. I have never had this problem in the past. I also replaced the camshaft positioning sensor about 3 months ago... Help me out? Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Check the compression, the rings may have lost their tension due to the heat, sometimes a little wD40 helps to start it also check the fuel pressure, if ok check for spark and timing..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is it cranking over like it wants to start? If its turning over it sounds like its not getting gas, mine did that. you can take off your fuel pump and turn your key over and if gas comes out then its getting gas. Also on the motor there's a gas valve, like the one for the a/c...well take the valve out and turn the key over and if gas squirts out then your gettin good gas flow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts