Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Are you the guy on YouTube with the v6 Flowmasters 10 I believe?

YES, I am He. The V6 with the FM 10's & the COBRA with SpinTech's

FYI- After I gave the car a tune-up, (New ignition coils, plugs, wires) my RPM's dropped by 200 RPM's while traveling at highway speeds, so that in turn, raised my MPG's significantly.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
YES, I am He. The V6 with the FM 10's & the COBRA with SpinTech's
FYI- After I gave the car a tune-up, (New ignition coils, plugs, wires) my RPM's dropped by 200 RPM's while traveling at highway speeds, so that in turn, raised my MPG's significantly.
Haha nice. Seen most of your videos. What happen to your v6? Still have it?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looked at the Cobra and talked to the guy.

1996 Cobra with 84K miles with slp exhaust. Straight pipes.
Short throw shifter hurst.
Aftermarket head unit with mach 460
Leather seats no tears
Bbk CAI.
Royal purple oil change
No body damage
Has 03/04 cobra rims I believe.

So he pretty much wants 7K for it. Is that a good deal for an 96 Cobra? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
If it has been well taken car off and the paints in great shape then $7K is a very fair price. Does he have service records? Biggest issuer would be that oil/ fluids were regularly changed, it wasn't at the drags every weekend. We bought our very clean always garaged 96 with37,400 2 years ago for $10,500. There is a thread somewhere, maybe on the SVT forums where the KBB value of 96-98 Cobras are going up. You'll see a HUGE difference in the power vs your V6. We tend to average about 18 mpg on our Cobra. But we tend to cruise at 80 mph. I just bought a BAMA tune so I hope to see a mpg increase. It looks nice and the laser red is easier to maintain than our black. I'd go for it.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Haha nice. Seen most of your videos. What happen to your v6? Still have it?
Hello,
YES, I still have the V6. Drove the V6 a bit last week and it is still as strong as ever, I'm very proud of how well that car handles. My girlfriend has the keys to it now, but yea, I still have it.
-What you think of the SpinTech mufflers I put on???
So he pretty much wants 7K for it. Is that a good deal for an 96 Cobra? Thanks!
I think that $7K is a great price, especially as stated, that it has been well maintained. Looks like it has but you can check it out. These cobra's benefit greatly from a oil separator/catch can inline with the pcv system. I drain mine weekly. I performed a slowly induced Seafoam treatment prior to installing it. It sucks up a good amount of oil vapors and coats the intake. You can test the cars IMRC function during a test drive. You will hear a slight "clunck" when it opens, when RPM's reach 3400 or so, you will also feel yourself planted into the seat also as acceleration takes off.
-I hope you get it, you'll just LOVE it soooo much. Good Luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts