Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently told i had a "rare" Mustang.. im trying to find out more about it but im not sure about how to go about it other than Ask! so its a white 96 gt.. was told it was 248a and it has a stripe down the side of it...i was told that the dealer put the stripe on it which makes it worth even more ....its also an automatic .. was told there was but a about 50 of those made.. idk... so just tell me what u guys know ... or tell me if what i need to tell yall.. if you guys dont mind helping me out :) Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Never heard of it. The stripe wouldn't increase the value of it. Looked at you're pics and looks like a regular gt

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys. it is pretty sharp! ;). i will give yall more details about what i was told shortly.. when the guy calls me back. i didnt want to post all that i was told without having it all rite.

·
Registered
723 Posts
so hear is what I learned from the wonderful world of Google in 1995 Ford came out with a striped down bare minimum GT called the GTS. this had cloth seats not leather, crank windows not power and no Mach stereo system. and no spoiler, but did have a little bump in horse power off the floor. in 1996 they renamed this package to the 248a there where not many made so yes the car is rare. I could not find anything about a sticker adding price to the car maybe if it was added on from the factory but not a dealership. and some one has also added the spoiler on to yours if this is the case. but for me its not about how rare the car is its about having fun with it and enjoying the car

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok so u found out more than i did from the world wide web.. lol this is also what i was told.. from this mustang expert...that he says he is... he said as it sits... its worth 10 grand.. and if i put it up and little by little put all the stock parts back on it.. it would be worth 30 grand.. this part i was skeptical of of course... since i only paid 2 grand for it myself... after some work on it about (5 grand) worth of work.. now the oil pump is goin out leaving me stranded on the rd and also it is makin a noise.. i call it a winding type noise and i was told it was the timing chain... and was told i just needed to get rid of it... so i have been trying to sell it for only 3,200.. but folks down here in alabama dont want to pay that... they think that is to High! do you think it is worth 3,200? and if its a rare car... im thinkin of just keeping it despite of what im being told... lol

·
Registered
723 Posts
I would say keep put the work into that needs to be done and have fun with it but also at the same time I walked away from a 95 GTS because I wanted power windows leather seats and all that stuff. so its really up to you.

·
Registered
269 Posts
if the 'expert' claims it's worth 10G's as-is, with the stock parts bumping it up to 30, then i'd suggest selling it to him for 10 with all the parts. Take that $$ and get something this century lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
always got to be a smart one in the bunch... and... if i wanted something in this century i would have it.. the facts are i like older cars.. so.. i was inquiring about the car i have to see if anyone knew anything about it... thanks for ur input tho. helped tons.... and all u other guys thanks for actually helping me ;)

·
Registered
723 Posts
always got to be a smart one in the bunch... and... if i wanted something in this century i would have it.. the facts are i like older cars.. so.. i was inquiring about the car i have to see if anyone knew anything about it... thanks for ur input tho. helped tons.... and all u other guys thanks for actually helping me ;)
No problem any time

·
Registered
269 Posts
good grief, take a joke dude.

Point was, the guy's telling you that a stripped down GTS is somehow worth upwards of thirty thousand dollars if intact, and my 'suggestion' was take him up on his offer. A fool and his money are soon parted.

But yeah, "you're welcome" i suppose...

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
You're going to need to be a little more "thick skinned" than that, on here...:thumb:

·
slow281
3,162 Posts
You're going to need to be a little more "thick skinned" than that, on here...:thumb:
+1 maybe one 15-20 years it will be worth that today, no

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
i don't think it's a real GTS....every GTS i've ever seen has a shaved spoiler to keep the stripped down look from front to back. Clean car though...happy to see a mostly unmolested sn95

·
Registered
673 Posts
When people see a clean SN-95 they seem to really take notice to it. I think that they have reached the age where they are old enough so that a lot are just a POS and a clean one stands out.

·
Registered
723 Posts
When people see a clean SN-95 they seem to really take notice to it. I think that they have reached the age where they are old enough so that a lot are just a POS and a clean one stands out.
Also true it seems like a lot of them are just very unkept paint peeling

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Its called a joke... also the fact that you seem to believe this "expert" about the car being worth $10k as is... no...

good grief, take a joke dude.

Point was, the guy's telling you that a stripped down GTS is somehow worth upwards of thirty thousand dollars if intact, and my 'suggestion' was take him up on his offer. A fool and his money are soon parted.

But yeah, "you're welcome" i suppose...
Lol beat me to it.

Internets... thick skin or GTFO. Hell, go fire up an online shooter game... you'll get told your mom loves reverse cowgirl anal about 10 times a minute by 13 yr olds.

^This. I get looks all the time in my 98. They are at an age where 99.9% of 94-98 cars are just beat to **** and when a nice one with shiny paint rolls around it turns heads.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Its called a joke... also the fact that you seem to believe this "expert" about the car being worth $10k as is... no...

Lol beat me to it.

Internets... thick skin or GTFO. Hell, go fire up an online shooter game... you'll get told your mom loves reverse cowgirl anal about 10 times a minute by 13 yr olds.

^This. I get looks all the time in my 98. They are at an age where 99.9% of 94-98 cars are just beat to **** and when a nice one with shiny paint rolls around it turns heads.
What the hell people? All I wanted was opinions on what y'all thought... because this is a mustang forum... guess I should of chose somewhere else to write... my question didn't have a damn thing to do with being thick skinned or anything
And my the way I'm not a dude. I'm a grown woman... that just needed opinions and advice on something I didn't know anything about ... I really did come to the wrong place... didn't know I would get answers from a bunch of immature little boys ... My bad! If someone knows how to delete this forum post ... please do so! Ridiculous...

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
What the hell people? All I wanted was opinions on what y'all thought... because this is a mustang forum... guess I should of chose somewhere else to write... my question didn't have a damn thing to do with being thick skinned or anything
And my the way I'm not a dude. I'm a grown woman... that just needed opinions and advice on something I didn't know anything about ... I really did come to the wrong place... didn't know I would get answers from a bunch of immature little boys ... My bad! If someone knows how to delete this forum post ... please do so! Ridiculous...
Thanks Mom

1 - 20 of 25 Posts