Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Topic#1:
Did you know that only about 11,413 models were sold in1997? How bout that? Huh? I own one but can't figure out the production number.

Topic#2
Why does the 1997 GT vert have Cobra DOHC oil cooler ? Some pros are baffled by it. mine is a Romeo engine (Steel block). Windsor is aluminum (1999-2004). Oh, it also cons stock with the strut brace, engine guard and more. Was this a gimmick to get sales up?

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
I had a 97 (v6) but the v6 didnt have a strut bar stock like the GT or Cobra did. Interesting information for sure, didnt know about the oil cooler either. I dont see why Ford would try to up sales by putting an oil cooler on a car, that makes no since. Perhaps they were trying to combat an issue the earlier 96 models had~ as the 4.6 was just getting going good~ who knows.

what are you talking about as in engine gaurd?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SpectorV said:
I had a 97 (v6) but the v6 didnt have a strut bar stock like the GT or Cobra did. Interesting information for sure, didnt know about the oil cooler either. I dont see why Ford would try to up sales by putting an oil cooler on a car, that makes no since. Perhaps they were trying to combat an issue the earlier 96 models had~ as the 4.6 was just getting going good~ who knows.

what are you talking about as in engine gaurd?
Not sure if it's after market but I have a 4 point brace under the engine that has a sole purpose to protect the oilpan and provide added brace of course. Either way I am sure someone will chime in with the answer. Couldn't find any brand name when I pulled it during shorty header install. Still it's a good to have item if I ever reinstall my H&R springs.

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

If I recall, Haynes identify it with the Cobra only. It's not possible to add a cooler to a standard 4.6 as I view it. It's not possible to delete it either. The cooler hose connects to the cooler housing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts