Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if a 1998 ford Mustang GT with a v8 engine would make a good first car, And if not any suggestions for a better first car? thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
How old are you?
A really good starter car is a Honda Civic stick shift.
SUPPER reliable cars. My first was a mustang 05 v6. & it GUZZLES gas... & its just a v6!

i ended up buying a 94 honda civic for $2300 & thats my daily driver now. i use the stang for weekends... cause the gas sucks.

with a 98 v8 you or your parents are going to be paying a LOT in gas. sure the car looks nice... but once you start paying for gas on your own your going to hate it.
take my word for it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
a gt mustang wud b a great starter car. i started in a 88 GT.u def dont wanna start in no mitsubishi i promise..the parts and repair bills wud be so hi for a foreign vehicle.anything made by ford is gonna make a great reliable vehicle.my 95 5.8L f150 is currently treadin 354,xxx miles and still kicking strong with only a rear end,starter,and spark plug n wires repair

·
Registered
1 Posts
no, mustangs make horrible first cars for teens...the whole reason insurance on them is so expensive for teens is because a million others before you got them and then got in over their heads cause they were clueless on how to actually drive and/or wrecked them driving like idiots.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Insurance will be high. But if you can swing that, it's not a bad choice.

[email protected] You think a V6 Mustang "guzzles" gas? When I was 16 I had an old F-100 with a 390 4bbl swapped in. It got about 8-10 MPG, no offense man, but you don't know what a "gas guzzler" truly is. . Coincidentally the 1998 Mustang GT gets about 0.5-1.0 MPG less than a 2005 Mustang V6. There's very little difference there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts