Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a 98 mustang gt that I kinda inherited I would like to convert it into a drag car... It is an automatic and has 110k miles I was considering doing somebody of an engine swap and a tranny swap etc. I have a gt500 and also a daily beater so this car would likely never be needed on the street buy I would still like to keep it street legal as I don't have a trailer nor a truck so I need to drive it to the track...what would you do in my position...please no sale the car and buy something else or anything like that...I have about 5k to spend the car runs well now but it has a few minor issues that need to be addressed but its really slow...lol it's stock besides a muffler swap...

·
Registered
427 Posts
If you wanna leave it n/a look for a 4v motor and do basic bolt on's and put some nitrous on it... Then spend the rest on suspension, tires and the rearend... Take as much weight out of it as you can, and you would have a great setup... Far as being street legal you could run drag radials and just keep all the lights... If you have to pass inspections just figure out what they require to pass and put a set of high flow cats on the exhaust

1 - 2 of 2 Posts