Mustang Evolution Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,072 Posts
Hey man any way you can give me some info about an upcoming swap im working on?
Lol he posted in 08. Also he's full of ****. If someone tells you the 89 was the best 5.0 ever made and then goes on about stock power ratings, stop reading and scroll on.

For a 5.0 swap into a 94+ V6 you will want a whole 94/95 GT donor car. You'll need the fuel system, entire wiring harness, gauges, K member, transmission, some driveline parts and all the small parts in the engine. Donor car will be cheapest vs trying to hunt down everything separately.

Actually no, the cheapest would be to sell your car and buy a car with the engine you want already in it. Unless you absolutely HAVE to have a New Edge with a 5.0. There was a stock one of those too actually (351 specifically) but unless you have near $50k to drop on one and can actually find one for sale...

·
Registered
2 Posts
The reason why i stay away from forums full of idiotic ******** who want to talk **** instead of help lol
How is the guy full of ****???? Its his preference.

·
Super Moderator
18,072 Posts
The reason why i stay away from forums full of idiotic ******** who want to talk **** instead of help lol
How is the guy full of ****???? Its his preference.
He's full of **** because he was rambling about a motor identical to the 90, 91 and most of 92 being "the best". Its the same cast crank, hyper rods and forged pistons, E7 heads, GT cam and GT intake manifold they ALL got. Also identical to 87 and 88 if you convert to MAF. And also going by factory power ratings is a surefire sign of an internet racer.

Sorry that I didn't agree with you that a V6 swap is smart. If you'd like someone who just read something on the internet to agree with you then there are plenty of places for that. If you want actual advice then you're going to have to live with the fact that some of it is going to contradict what you want to hear.

Been there, done that with a V6 swap. Either get a complete donor car or sell your car and buy a GT. Those are the 2 cheapest ways to do it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
3.8 swapped.to 5.0 fuel Injected

How would I go about swapping a 1999 3.8 v6 with a 302 pushrod V8. I have the block, just need a 'how to' on wiring, plumbing and how it would proceed. I guess what I am asking is for a detailed step by step on how to do so. Thanks
Have you started your swap or have you went a different way

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK I guess i will be the best help for you since there are so many NAY SAYERS here. It is extremely EASY to do a 5.0 swap into a 99+ sixcer stang. As you can tell from my name i Have a 2000 mustang that was born a V6 but now is a 5.0 HO. All you have to do is buy an 89 stang with a 5.0 Get the 89 because its probably the best 5.0 motor ever made it is also the first one to come with the mass air flow sensor oh also if you go by stock hp readings the 89 has the highest. OK so back to what i was saying buy a wrecked ugly 89 5.0 take everything out of the 5.0 and swap it into the 99+ stang. Take everything....again thats everything Take the ecu wiring harness even swap your fuse boxes for the 5.0 fuse boxes...I hate seeing people trying to make you change your mind about the swap when in truth it will take you one weekend to get the job done. Good game, No re NOOOOOOBS!. Yea but im right its cake to do because like i said i have mine done. So instead of listening to people try to convince you its hard and blah blah blah listen to me because ive done it and they haven't

Can you pm me how you did it. Looking to do the same. Curious about driveshaft fitment did you have to customize the 89 or have one made to fit the 99 and have joints put on to marry it to the tranny? If you wouldn't mind sendin a list of your build as a sort of guideline that would be greatly appreciated

·
Banned
2,140 Posts
OK I guess i will be the best help for you since there are so many NAY SAYERS here. It is extremely EASY to do a 5.0 swap into a 99+ sixcer stang. As you can tell from my name i Have a 2000 mustang that was born a V6 but now is a 5.0 HO. All you have to do is buy an 89 stang with a 5.0 Get the 89 because its probably the best 5.0 motor ever made it is also the first one to come with the mass air flow sensor oh also if you go by stock hp readings the 89 has the highest. OK so back to what i was saying buy a wrecked ugly 89 5.0 take everything out of the 5.0 and swap it into the 99+ stang. Take everything....again thats everything Take the ecu wiring harness even swap your fuse boxes for the 5.0 fuse boxes...I hate seeing people trying to make you change your mind about the swap when in truth it will take you one weekend to get the job done. Good game, No re NOOOOOOBS!. Yea but im right its cake to do because like i said i have mine done. So instead of listening to people try to convince you its hard and blah blah blah listen to me because ive done it and they haven't
Can you pm me how you did it. Looking to do the same. Curious about driveshaft fitment did you have to customize the 89 or have one made to fit the 99 and have joints put on to marry it to the tranny? If you wouldn't mind sendin a list of your build as a sort of guideline that would be greatly appreciated
Do you see the date of his post? Almost 10 years ago he wrote that. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
18,072 Posts
Lol check the dates man. Also, you will want a COMPLETE 94/95 donor car if you want to swap a 5.0 pushrod into a New Edge. K member, fuel, electronics, transmission etc... is all different. Will also be illegal in most states that do a visual inspection.

Already has all been said in this thread too.

If you want a V8 New Edge... sell your V6 and buy a 99-04 GT, they are cheap as hell now. And to be blunt, the 4.6L modular is much MUCH better than the 5.0 pushrod.

Do you see the date of his post? Almost 10 years ago he wrote that. :lol:
Well, at least he used Google to find the thread I guess lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree with stangin99 If you want to do a swap with a 5.0 into a 99 you will need donor car because you will need the engine, cross member, complete wire harnesses, computer, gauges. It is much easier to swap a 5.0 into a 94-95. I would swap in a 4.6 or a 5.4.
Could please tell me you say you need a new k member cross member not true

21 - 28 of 28 Posts