Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K so last year I got the mechanic to put another trans in my 99 cobra I believed he said it came out of an 02 gt. I know the 99 has a t45 and the 02 was the tr 3650. He put that in for me. I think my clutch is going bad because my car sounds fine until the clutch is engaged and it makes like a whining noise and when I rev it a little the whine noise gets louder. Do I need to replace it with an 02 gt clutch or 99 cobra clutch? And my car had a short shifter put on there before I bought it if it has one for a 99 cobra and the trans is a gt do I need to switch to a 99 cobra shifter or 02 gt? The shifting is kind of chunky any help would be nice thanks

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here take a listen 99 cobra clutch noise - YouTube I didn't rev it but that noise gets louder when I do I still don't understand that if I have a shoft shifter that fits a 99 cobra trans and I have a 02 gt trans how they are still coinciding? Shifting is chunky I got in an 00 v6 5 speed and the clutch was so light and the shifting it was so movable and easy ity was hard to tell what gear I was in mine don't shift as easily and the clutch is hard as crap to push

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Its that junk 3650 sir, jk well junk cause the 3 I've known crap out 3rd. May even be a syncro, I had a horrible squeal from my 45 ended up bring 3 an 4 syncros. It would be quiet then build up and never shut up till she was off.
I think as to the clutch it matters on the car, cause of the bolt pattern if im not mistaken and not the tranny
And shifter should need to be a 3650 short shifter

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So as far as the clutch goes go by the car and what bout the shifter it says it fits like 3650 for T45 on am muscle should I go by year

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
FortyBrandon said:
So as far as the clutch goes go by the car and what bout the shifter it says it fits like 3650 for T45 on am muscle should I go by year
To my knowledge yes.
And the shifter yeah go by year that way it shows you the ones for a 3650, unless the one you have will fit it, wouldn't know though. Google the sucker and see if it'll fit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts