Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my son's car and I am trying to help him with it. I have not tried anything yet, please tell me where to start to diagnose the problem. Thanks, Cruz

·
Registered
34 Posts
thats very general...could be the battery, or the throttle body, an O2 sensor, bad gas, leak in the intake/exhaust, water in the engine, bad seals, carbon build up, etc.

Best bet is run the car for a bit (few mins or longer), take it to WOT (redline) if it warms up then see if it fixes itself.

Edit: I see some of the other people have chimed in with part-replacement suggestions. Try running the car first, see if you can get your son to spot any weird things happening. No need to jump to replacing parts without a firm diagnosis on what the problem is, especially in a car that old.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It depends does it do it all the time? I had the same problem in my ford bronco and turns out it was a cracked block.. my guess would be start with the basics oil change spark plugs fresh gas check the gas lines makeshure its not leaking and def. Check the idling if its idling 2 low it will cause it to clunk out if u take the gas off. If u don't no how 2 do this take it to a local auto zone or advanced auto they can change the idling for u and if this doesn't work they can run a test for free u just gotta ask

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ignore these people > Take it to a shop > Have them tell you what you need > Google the parts > Google how to replace that specific part > Fix it > Continues to give problems > Sell to mexican > $$$$

·
Registered
37 Posts
IAC needs remobed and cleaned

MAF may need cleaned or replaced

vacuum leak somewhere on engine, check all hoses for breaks, or one that came off somewhere

pcv system plugged, check hoses and pcv valve for restriction etc

·
Registered
41 Posts
it could be anything from a dirty air filter, dirty fuel filter, worn out throttle cable, spark plugs, or bad gas to name a few things. which engine is it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts