Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't decide on either going with 20 or 19 inch wheels. Can you guys post some pics of your cars if you have either of the two. I had 20's on my old one so I'm more focused on how the 19s look. I have 19 inch tired already and don't feel like buying another set so if they look good I might just stick with 19s.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Whatever you decide, pay attention to the weight of the new wheels and tires you are going to purchase. Significantly heavier unsprung weight will make your car much slower, and lower your mpg.

How are the streets where you live? Ours here are terrible, and I am dang glad I have the 18" with more sidewall.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Forgestar 20's. No problems so far.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I can't decide on either going with 20 or 19 inch wheels. Can you guys post some pics of your cars if you have either of the two. I had 20's on my old one so I'm more focused on how the 19s look. I have 19 inch tired already and don't feel like buying another set so if they look good I might just stick with 19s.

If you already have 19" tires I'd be looking in that direction first. I'm planning on wheels and tires myself in the next few weeks, going with 20s. I want to say I remember reading the options for 19s are more limited...?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Dont forget a tune even if you just change the tire size.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 Active

·
Registered
737 Posts
I went up half an inch all around and haven't had any issues. All a tune will do is adjust the speedo

Wouldn't you consider your car displaying incorrect mileage to be an issue?

Sent from my S6 Active

·
Registered
976 Posts
I went with 20's, more selections and cheaper tires over 19's. If you get a lighter 20 it's not going to make a difference really. ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1470016360.919834.jpg

2011 Kona Blue Gt

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
For reference. Here is mine stock on 19" (Silver Brembo Wheels), Stock height on 20's (Black AMR Wheeels) and lowered on my current 20's (ACE Alloy Wheels)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,112 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1470063925.033159.jpg

Like I said it's such a small amount there is no reason to go out and have it tuned.

·
Super Moderator
5,239 Posts
Lorenzo, more important is have you lowered it yet (not sure what you are looking for) all things being equal you know that less sidewall = rougher ride and more chance to damage rims with potholes.

as far as odometer you need to figure out OD of whatever tire set-up you have/want. I know there is a 2-3% difference in my speedometer/odometer when running my other set of tires with the low miles I put on I ignore it.

tire rack (and others) have calculators that will help you figure the diff in od/speed. my .02 is I doubt it will be enough to worry about

·
Registered
76 Posts
ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1470081726.535272.jpg here is a picture of my car with staggered 20" verde wheels. In the picture the suspension is stock but I am putting sport lines on next week ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1470081829.394543.jpg

1 - 20 of 28 Posts