Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
M3to5.0 said:
Anyone else feel this way?? No decent selection of wheels and tires are a rarity to find. This is why I am going with 18's (which are difficult to find as well with Brembos) Going with this package, with Red Chrome lugs and red chrome valve stem covers

05-12 Black GT500 Style Wheel and Tire Package (NT555)
Those are going to look sick man, especially e/ the black/red combo your rocking! :)

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Yea I regret going 19" after I did the drop they just look weird and I was forced to get 20" staggered wheels.... I have my 19" painted luster wheels with 2,900 miles on them for sale

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am dropping mine and hoping the 18's look alright, weight wise it makes a significant difference apparently. Shipping for 20' with tires will cost me 380 dollars opposed to 170 dollars for the 18's. Gotta love being at an APO where UPS does not deliver.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Agreed, 19s do suck. The ones that come (non-brembo) on the stangs suck especially bad since they aren't wide enough to support any tire worth buying. I'll also be upgrading to 18" wheels when I'm ready for better tires. 20s look good but you will still be buying expensive tires, and will have much less side-wall which will seriously impact your ride quality and launches.

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
20s look good but you will still be buying expensive tires, and will have much less side-wall which will seriously impact your ride quality and launches.
Tell that to Chris Cruz......... he ran a 9.70 @ 145mph on 20" Wheels with Nitto NT05R Drag Radials...!

·
Registered
706 Posts
C'mon..:uhh:there are 43, 19" tire choices available at Tire rack..43:lol:! I do agree that replacement, nicer looking 19" wheels, seem to be a rarity, though-but I will bet that Tire rack has nearly as many wheel choices, in a 19inch wheel-as tires..

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
C'mon..:uhh:there are 43, 19" tire choices available at Tire rack..43:lol:! I do agree that replacement, nicer looking 19" wheels, seem to be a rarity, though-but I will bet that Tire rack has nearly as many wheel choices, in a 19inch wheel-as tires..

Now go price compare 19's vs 18's and 20's, and there are NOT 43 choices if you are trying to go with 275's ZR or wider. If there is a selection like that now, it has been changed since this morning.... my time.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Get 20s. They look so good on the new stangs. They just look right. Michelin super or pilot sports are the way to go. The a/s plus are a no. I had them on my 2011 gt and they lasted >10000 miles. The torque just shredded the tread.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts