Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bone stock 2004 Mach 1 5 speed ,

The only mod it has is a short throw shifter for my knowledge..
Okay well Im very familiar with 2 Valve engines , Im unfamiliar with 4 Valves,

Does anyone recommend any bolt ons?

Im going to lower it of course.. Just going to cut my springs for now until I get enough for coil overs..

And I heard 4:30s or 4:56s are the way to go with Machs,
Any help is appreciated thanks

·
Registered
430 Posts
You could get the cai setup from jlt, it's supposed to make alot of power out of the Mach 1s and it still keeps the shaker hood functional

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
The jlt is a good start. The filter is huge by comparison. The tb offers minimal gains. Your best mods are exhaust. Long tubes offroad Midpipe (prefer the H). As for gears I love the 3.55. But if you have to go for full acceleration the 4.10 is a great choice. I wouldn't go higher unless you plan on a drag radial tire all the time and upgrade to 31 spline axles.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DaBluedude said:
The jlt is a good start. The filter is huge by comparison. The tb offers minimal gains. Your best mods are exhaust. Long tubes offroad Midpipe (prefer the H). As for gears I love the 3.55. But if you have to go for full acceleration the 4.10 is a great choice. I wouldn't go higher unless you plan on a drag radial tire all the time and upgrade to 31 spline axles.

How does this sound..

-Exhaust
-JLT Cold Air intake
-4:10 Gears

Wait best.mods are exhaust ? Nothing else will have minimal power increase ?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Slow2V said:
How does this sound..

-Exhaust
-JLT Cold Air intake
-4:10 Gears

Wait best.mods are exhaust ? Nothing else will have minimal power increase ?
Even twin 65 mm throttle bodies won't get you much. Just better response. Hell I know of a mach that went to a single blade throttle body and he only gained 4hp. Not worth the 400$ long tubes and offroad Midpipe with a catback is probably ly good for 25hp and 35tq wheel. I replaced my intake with the jlt just to reduce the zig-zag stock air tube. These heads flow really well but if you want to pull some good power out they respond well to a set of cams, port, larger valves and stronger valve train really well. Full cam/valve upgrade could see 50hp pretty easily. There are guys who rev these engines to 9k in street cars with the right build. Only weak point is the rods. They're cheap crap.

My mods are, jlt rai, catback, and decked heads when rebuilt under warranty (slight compression bump)

This is a dynojet.

Attachments

·
Registered
915 Posts
Congrats my first mod would be 4.30 gears, that car would love them

·
Lorraine's driver
8,196 Posts
You will definitely need DRs if you go 4.30 gears. Might as well upgrade your rear diff because the DRs will be pretty tough on it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts