Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Its possible you will lose all trunk space and if you are handy you can make the box yourself if not im sure there is a shop around that will build it for you but it wont be cheap

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm well I really don't care too much about the trunk space. Also how do y'all think the 15's will sound with it being a convertible and all?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I have 2 12's in my convertible 03 they soud great but when you put the top down you lose alot of the bass lol but you can still feel it, putting them in was a PITA!!!!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Mauldin22 said:
Will 2 15" kickers fit in the back of a 2006 v6 convertible mustang?

Thanks
2 15"s? Especially with it being a Vert it's going to be hard to keep your bass. I have 2 12" Kicker Comps, sealed dual chambered box, Kicker ZX 750/1 mono amp, all 2 gauge wiring, and I've hit 132.2 decibels which is pretty loud, while still holding a strong 13.4 volts. It all depends what you want in your system and what you listen too. If you want that long carrying bass, go with a ported box, but if you like that solid punch bass, but also that nice deep bass go sealed. For 2 15's, a lot comes into play when it's a Mustang. We don't have much airspace, and for subs that big (depending on what kind you get) a lot of specs come in too. Each sub is going to have a recommended cu ft of air in the box. As we all know mustangs do not have much trunk space as it is. Your probably going to have to get a custom box built (unless you can build it yourself) which is going to run you a few hundred dollars. Then power. I'd recommend getting a high output alternator (around 150-160amp). Factory most Mustangs have 130amp alternators, and those 15's are going to be pulling plenty of power. Also you have to remember, all bass is is moving air. More you move, louder it gets. And the further it travels, the smoother it'll get. For instance, if you have your subs in your trunk, with them aimed at the back seat, the air doesn't have to travel too far, making them sound decent but you'll be able to hear a lot of distortion from the subs themselves. Aim your subs at the trunk door, and the air travels further, making them sound quite a bit better, and less distorted. Getting two 15"s to fit in a Mustang is a hell of a job alone. I'm not doubting you, I'm just saying its going to be expensive as hell and time consuming. I'd recommend you tone it down just a notch, like 2-3 12"s, maybe a few 10"s. Like I said its all what you prefer, but you can still get great quality sound from smaller subs. I hope this info has helped ya out a bit.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Horseplay said:
wow your a man of your music bro lol. take a pic of your setup. i want some jamz in mine but idk what to put.
When I get it back from my audio guy I post sum pics I'm gitting it upgraded with two extra 12a and a bigger alternator

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Will 2 15" kickers fit in the back of a 2006 v6 convertible mustang?

Thanks
Honestly you can make anything fit wherever you want with enough effort and skill. The question should be: With the space I have, will 2 15"s be the best sound and use of space?

Answer is simply a big resounding no. You'll have terrible time getting even close to the correct volume, and 2 15"s would just suck, honestly. Idea sounds cool, but I could probably get one 10" to hit just as hard as 2 15"s in the same trunk space for a lot less money and still have 75% of the trunk available to use.

My Alpine type R 10" gets complaints from houses down the street when i only have it running at half volume... Lol.

But if you just HAVE to use 2 '15s.. you can fit them. It won't be cheap and it won't sound as good as it could, but it can be done.

Edit: I just remembered that I used to have 2 12" kickers before I switched to a single Alpine Type R 10", and I can say, without a doubt, the 10" is probably 2x louder. It all depends on your wiring and amp/sub/box setup.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
ColeJohnson said:
Honestly you can make anything fit wherever you want with enough effort and skill. The question should be: With the space I have, will 2 15"s be the best sound and use of space?

Answer is simply a big resounding no. You'll have terrible time getting even close to the correct volume, and 2 15"s would just suck, honestly. Idea sounds cool, but I could probably get one 10" to hit just as hard as 2 15"s in the same trunk space for a lot less money and still have 75% of the trunk available to use.

My Alpine type R 10" gets complaints from houses down the street when i only have it running at half volume... Lol.

But if you just HAVE to use 2 '15s.. you can fit them. It won't be cheap and it won't sound as good as it could, but it can be done.

Edit: I just remembered that I used to have 2 12" kickers before I switched to a single Alpine Type R 10", and I can say, without a doubt, the 10" is probably 2x louder. It all depends on your wiring and amp/sub/box setup.
do u got a pic of ur alpine bro?

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
do u got a pic of ur alpine bro?
Uploaded some pics of the trunk with the sub and amp in the backdrop. Also uploaded a pic of the fuse in the engine compartment and a pic of my head unit.

JL Audio 500RMS amp - $200ish
Alpine Type R 10" - $175ish
Carpeted and ported Box- $50
4gauge Wiring kit- $55
Pioneer AVH3300BT Head Unit- $485
Sub wiring install was $70, I installed the head unit myself so no charge there.
Total was roughly $1000 after tax. You could do it for cheaper if you'd like, but I bought what I wanted after advice from many people and from many different sound shops. So like I said.. You can do whatever you like and you should. Don't let any one person's opinion sway you from your aspirations, but if a lot of people say the same thing.. You might wanna think on it. I originally wanted to run a single 15" in the trunk ported and the sound shopS(yes, plural) said it would sound bad because you can't get proper air space in trunks like my '02 mustang.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
ColeJohnson said:
Uploaded some pics of the trunk with the sub and amp in the backdrop. Also uploaded a pic of the fuse in the engine compartment and a pic of my head unit.

JL Audio 500RMS amp - $200ish
Alpine Type R 10" - $175ish
Carpeted and ported Box- $50
4gauge Wiring kit- $55
Pioneer AVH3300BT Head Unit- $485
Sub wiring install was $70, I installed the head unit myself so no charge there.
Total was roughly $1000 after tax. You could do it for cheaper if you'd like, but I bought what I wanted after advice from many people and from many different sound shops. So like I said.. You can do whatever you like and you should. Don't let any one person's opinion sway you from your aspirations, but if a lot of people say the same thing.. You might wanna think on it. I originally wanted to run a single 15" in the trunk ported and the sound shopS(yes, plural) said it would sound bad because you can't get proper air space in trunks like my '02 mustang.
NICE +1
i needa get me one of those systems

1 - 20 of 31 Posts